No announcement yet.

Picked up an RC51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol wtf is a vittorazi? and i know jeff is around, thats my buddy, are you the one who ragtag painted an R1 silver for me through them?!!
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Nope, not me. Is he still married? I've known Jeff since his senior year at Plano, knew him when he had that white 92 GT with spray.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm not sure if he's married. But he's got a kid probably 10-12 years old now. I remember it wasn't you who painted it. I took it to you about getting the runs wet sanded out.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

This bike is like new, it is crazy how clean it is. Came with the original exhaust and passenger seat. Seems like it is geared.

2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
            '00 RC51. All stock minus the exhaust. 9k original miles on it. Very clean. I go pick it up on Saturday, I'll post some more pics then.
            Nice bike and excellent choice.

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Man I've always loved the sounds of those and the TLR's. Who on the used to have one? Was it 4DRSS? Looked exactly like that one. Still got some pics of it from our rides (miss those until they got to big
            Yep, that was me. I LOVED that bike. I've had several and it is still my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post

Yep, that was me. I LOVED that bike. I've had several and it is still my favorite.

Man loved that bike. Perfect look, color scheme, and sound. I think the only thing I didn't like was the gauge cluster. Didn't it have a digital tach?

Comment

mine was just a beater track bike i picked up from monsoonx for 1500. guessing cobraman payed in the 5-6k range?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Man loved that bike. Perfect look, color scheme, and sound. I think the only thing I didn't like was the gauge cluster. Didn't it have a digital tach?
                  Thanks, Jose! Yes, it had a digital tach, but it never bothered me. These aren't like I4s where you want to get every RPM possible out of it for maximum performance. It was easy to tell when to shift just based on feel and sound.

I would probably still have this bike had I not been rear ended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post

And HOLY SHIT was that exhaust loud....I can still feel the thump thump thump of that thing from the Hillsboro ride.

Comment

I need to cut these cans down like those. Looks really good.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Picked up some new levers.

2012 GT500

Comment

nice ride dude

that exhaust cost someone a bunch of money. i'd leave, and just do the rear fender tuck and love it or hate it, but frame sliders on it!
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

put some ladybirds on it

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                              I need to cut these cans down like those. Looks really good.
                              Cut down or replace the cans but I recommend you put the license plate where it's visible cuz cops frown about hidden plates.....right Andy

Comment

i like the hotbodies undertail. rc51.org is a tech page (no new members allowed, but plenty of info) and rc51forums is a good spot. on that site LDH knows more about rc51s than anyone, and duckhunter makes a ton of carbon fiber stuff for these bikes

Comment

Working...
                                X