DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > Tech

Tech Automotive Tech, Ford, Chevy, if it's tech, it's in here.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
zachary
Lifer

Default Peragon bed covers

https://www.peragon.com/

anyone use one of these? Seem to get very good reviews.
zachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
fordracing19
Lifer

It wouldnt work good for me with the way it folds in. I fill the bed with stuff then shut the cover all the time. I have a Bakflip.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #3
Blackpony

Guy I work with has one on his ram. It fits really well and seems to be a really nice cover. You will loose about a foot of bed space though.
Blackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #4
zachary
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony View Post
Guy I work with has one on his ram. It fits really well and seems to be a really nice cover. You will loose about a foot of bed space though.
I noticed that but I liked that you can take it off in about 30 seconds and since it is made of aluminum one person can move it easily.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #5
cool cat
Lifer

Bakflips come off pretty easily as well.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #6
AnthonyS
Lifer

Pretty cool cover but apparently they nickel and dime you to death.... want a deadbolt cha Ching.... want bed clamps.... cha Ching.

I need a bedcover but it looks like it’ll be bak flip for me.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
zachary
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Pretty cool cover but apparently they nickel and dime you to death.... want a deadbolt cha Ching.... want bed clamps.... cha Ching.

I need a bedcover but it looks like itíll be bak flip for me.
I got the platinum package. dual deadbolts, stainless steel bolts, quick clamps, tailgate seal, and 3 year extended warranty. Just ordered. Can not wait to get it in. 898$ total shipped

I get it takes up bed space but for us our truck is vacation vehicle. We usually have luggage or tubs in the back of truck so we can slide those in and out easily without needing to open it up. Could also leave some in bed of truck locked up. For our usage I do not see that as a hindrance.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #8
GrayStangGT
Lifer
VIP Member

Looks a lot sturdier than a backflip, but like Fordracing said if you have a cooler or anything tall towards the front of the bed where it folds in you wouldn't be able to open it. I'll stick with my backflip even though it has its down falls too.
GrayStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #9
zachary
Lifer

I ordered this for my 2015 toyota tundra.

I mentioned in the order i read positive things about the covers on Tundras.com and was curious to try a company with such great reputation for customer service.

Instead of 149$ for platinum package the final invoice showed 129$ and then gave me a 50$ discount on top of that. I got the platinum package shipped for 819$. 80$ off just like that.

Great start Peragon. Will definitely put some install pics and videos up once it is received.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #10
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayStangGT View Post
Looks a lot sturdier than a backflip, but like Fordracing said if you have a cooler or anything tall towards the front of the bed where it folds in you wouldn't be able to open it. I'll stick with my backflip even though it has its down falls too.
Just curious but what are the down falls of the Bakflip?
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:43 PM   #11
renold5
Punk Ass Newbie

Undercover is a nice option also. Their Flex cover looks similar to Bakflip but less pricey.
renold5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:52 AM   #12
Gasser64
Lifer

Need one where all you do is press a button. Yeah I'm lazy fuck off
Old 05-25-2018, 06:40 AM   #13
cool cat
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
Need one where all you do is press a button. Yeah I'm lazy fuck off
There are remote control bed covers, roll up canister style. I think Pace Edwards makes them.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #14
DamonH
Lifer

I've had one of the Bak-Industries rolling covers for ~5 years or so now and have been happy with it. On my 5.5 foot bed I didn't want to give up any more of the already limited bed space when it's open, and I don't like how the back-flip blocks the back window when fully opened. The version I have is the Roll-X, but looks like they changed the name to Revolver or something:

https://bakindustries.com/rolling-covers

Was camping at Tyler State Park recently and the Raccoons did a bit of a number on it, but they didn't get in!
Old 05-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #15
silverranger
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
There are remote control bed covers, roll up canister style. I think Pace Edwards makes them.
Yup, I had the retrax and it was very nice.
silverranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #16
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member

Does anyone with a Bak bed cover need a Bak Box? I bought one from a forum, planning to buy a cover soon after but I decided against a bed cover and this Bak Box is just sitting here collecting dust....
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #17
GrayStangGT
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Just curious but what are the down falls of the Bakflip?
I'm on my second one in four years. All the hardware seems to vibrate loose, the clips that store the rods when your aren't using them to prop it open last about 6 months and break. Any size hail will dent it, replaced my last one because of dents and a storm came through, didn't even hail enough to know it hailed and ended up with about 10 dents in the new one.

That being said I still like the covers and I was able to sell my dented one for more than I paid for the newer one I picked up used and all the new one needed was new $20 seals from bakflip
Old 05-26-2018, 09:58 PM   #18
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
Does anyone with a Bak bed cover need a Bak Box? I bought one from a forum, planning to buy a cover soon after but I decided against a bed cover and this Bak Box is just sitting here collecting dust....
Message me what you are asking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayStangGT View Post
I'm on my second one in four years. All the hardware seems to vibrate loose, the clips that store the rods when your aren't using them to prop it open last about 6 months and break. Any size hail will dent it, replaced my last one because of dents and a storm came through, didn't even hail enough to know it hailed and ended up with about 10 dents in the new one.

That being said I still like the covers and I was able to sell my dented one for more than I paid for the newer one I picked up used and all the new one needed was new $20 seals from bakflip
Coming up on a year with mine and I've been pretty happy with it. Haven't seen any issues with the hardware coming loose but I have had the rods get knocked around a little when I'm carrying firewood in the bed and have it stacked up kinda high.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:16 AM   #19
GeorgeG.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I've had one of the Bak-Industries rolling covers for ~5 years or so now and have been happy with it. On my 5.5 foot bed I didn't want to give up any more of the already limited bed space when it's open, and I don't like how the back-flip blocks the back window when fully opened. The version I have is the Roll-X, but looks like they changed the name to Revolver or something:

https://bakindustries.com/rolling-covers

Was camping at Tyler State Park recently and the Raccoons did a bit of a number on it, but they didn't get in!
My last truck that was stolen a few months ago had their roll up and I loved it so I decided to get the same one for my 07. I just bought the RevolverX2 last week for the same reasons.

I also didn't like how it leans against the back window(even though it does have pads on the cover to cushion the glass). The one demo they had was on a Tundra and it leaned against 3rd brake light, lol.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #20
GrayStangGT
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post

Haven't seen any issues with the hardware coming loose but I have had the rods get knocked around a little when I'm carrying firewood in the bed and have it stacked up kinda high.
To be fair I'm not exactly easy on my trucks either, it sees some rough roads and about 20-25k miles a year.