No announcement yet.

when it rains, it pours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to double check but i feel like I'm close when I say it's a grand a year. I have pool and every option they offer. Maybe I'm over paying? I'm with American home shield. I feel it has value but am interested to hear more feedback. So far, it seems most see value in having a home warranty. I'm set to renew this month so hopefully some more folks will post up what they think

Comment

Can they not just change the expansion valve on the inside unit to match the refrigerant and leave the coil and air handler in place?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        Can they not just change the expansion valve on the inside unit to match the refrigerant and leave the coil and air handler in place?
        the coils inside are different, apparently, becuase it's higher pressure? The heater/air handler can stay in my case.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          The is exactly what happened with my evap coil. They had to change the valve to match the refrigerant.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          the coils inside are different, apparently, becuase it's higher pressure? The heater/air handler can stay in my case.
          I would double check that.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
            I have to double check but i feel like I'm close when I say it's a grand a year. I have pool and every option they offer. Maybe I'm over paying? I'm with American home shield. I feel it has value but am interested to hear more feedback. So far, it seems most see value in having a home warranty. I'm set to renew this month so hopefully some more folks will post up what they think
            there are varying prices, the highest being like 900/yr, and the lowest being 700/yr with a pool, with AHS. the higher the monthly price, the lower the service fee

Comment

Different line sizes with the new refrigerants as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Ya'll get ready for R-290 too (propane). I haven't paid attention to the residential side, but on the commercial side manufacturer's are being forced to more green refrigerants, and the majority of the foodservice industry has gone/is going to R-290, and must be fully switched by 2017.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Well that sounds safe! Why not use liquid hydrogen! Its natural!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  Well that sounds safe! Why not use liquid hydrogen! Its natural!
                  RVs have been using propane for refrigerators for a long time already. But with that said, I agree. What could possibly go wrong. lmao
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Will there be enough propane in a residential unit to make a difference if it's ruptured in a house fire?

I realize that it could be the catalyst for a fire, but say there is already one going and the unit is compromised?
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                    X