No announcement yet.

Laser engraving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping the wife can kill at the holiday craft/artisan fairs.

And I am working on some things like this for the model community. Either need to find the time to sit down and draw it out, or have someone throw a few variations together for me. There are several files on thingiverse, but I'm not big on selling stuff I didn't contract designs for or design myself.

Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

A buddy on Facebook has been doing clear acrylic Christmas ornaments laser etched and personalized. Might be something for the Mrs. to consider for craft shows. They can hang on the tree or have a little LED stand to illuminate the details.

Comment

Looks great man!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          A buddy on Facebook has been doing clear acrylic Christmas ornaments laser etched and personalized. Might be something for the Mrs. to consider for craft shows. They can hang on the tree or have a little LED stand to illuminate the details.
          That is on my list of stuff to play with. Not sure if we will make it that far before Christmas. Both of us working full time and the kiddo playing soccer has us focusing on the stuff we know how to do to maximize production

Tonights creations:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by black2002ls; 11-14-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Sorting out the paint rack...and other stuff

Comment

Will it do polymers? What about laser stippling?

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Will it do polymers? What about laser stippling?
                It should, though, I haven't had a chance to mess with it. I'll probably test some pmags at some point. Right now, smoke/fume extraction is handled by a blower fan and a duct under the garage door. I probably won't mess with that until I have a filter set up

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering....

Comment

Haha that's awesome. I'm not sure I like the whole dino being burnt, but the overall concept is great.

Yall getting some good sales numbers yet ot still kicking it off?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Haha that's awesome. I'm not sure I like the whole dino being burnt, but the overall concept is great.

Yall getting some good sales numbers yet ot still kicking it off?
                      We are doing all of the butcher boards this way. Teh files we were using just didn't work well with just an outline! Any board we cut on we are selling as the burnt side being ornamental only, whether it is etched like this or engraved outline.

Sales are slow to non existent at the moment. We are doing our first vendor fair this weekend. That has been our main focus. Having enough inventory to sustain a 2 day fair.

Comment

Cool stuff! What fair are you going to this weekend?

Comment

Guy I work with wife just picked up a laser engraver and is making all sorts of shit. She made a fuckload of harry potter related items and went to some convention that rolls through here once a year and cleared like 12k all said and done selling all the garb. It wasn't just laser stuff though, she makes those pillows that have the sequins on them that when you flip them they have a picture on the other side. Also something called sublimation? where she can print pictures onto pretty much anything and puts designs on a lot of the shit she cuts with the laser.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                            Cool stuff! What fair are you going to this weekend?
                            A Christmas Market at a local church here in Greenville. Wesley United Methodist. We will be there from 10 to 2 tomorrow

Comment

Sublimation has become pretty popular. Cricut has sublimation stuff now IIRC.

I am REALLY hoping tomorrow we have more sales than today. Lots of people stopping and saying "somebody is going to love this!"

All while I'm over here thinking "well shit, call somebody, and tell them they need to get here!"

Comment

It may cost a little but you should hit Facebook advertising up and create more custom pieces as opposed to cookie cutter. If you could do etch into knives as well you can capture a good market for the wife that wants to get her husband a knife with his initials for those weekend BBQs.

Comment

Working...
                                X