What’s your favorite motor oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s your favorite motor oil?

For years I liked Mobil 1 for synthetic but a buddy of mine told me to try penzoil platinum.. I was very happy with it until I found out about penzoil ultra platinum.. it’s cheap too.. around $26 on Amazon. I went down a YouTube oil wormhole watching all these oil comparisons and it’s what I’ve been using since.. I’ll drain at 6-7k and it still looks relatively clean... I also tried the $15 super tech synthetic with really good results.. this guy had a great oil showdown and its worth watching.. he tested 16 common full synthetic oils.. honestly all of them would do just fine In a non race daily type vehicle..
    "PSH!!!"

Mobil 1 for my lightning
    Rotella t5 for the diesel
    Valvoline vr4 for any flat tappet cars due to extra zinc and phosphorus

Btw...I love that guys YT channel

Comment

Rotella or Castrol for me...

mardyn

Comment

Mobile1 or Rotella in the FJ and HPL or Royal Purple for the hotrod.
        01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Mobil 1 5W-20 for the Mustangs
          Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE for the Honda
          Quaker State 5W-20 Full Synthetic for the Chrysler (for some reason Mobil 1 didn't meet the Chrysler spec)

Comment

Castrol for everything.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Whatever they put in for $19.99. I always insist that they do not up charge me for the additional quarts they say my car "needs". Fucking scammers.

Comment

Mobil 1 synthetic in everything I own and I have been a user since the shit came out in the mid eighties. I've never had a engine knock, blow up, seize up or spunt rod bearing. It gets decent mpg, it lasts 5k-7k miles with FoMoCo filters.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I don't put anything special in my 08 GMC Sierra...just whatever Oreilly or Vatozone has on the shelf in their store brand and a new Delco filter. The Buick gets Valvoline VR1 20W50 and a Delco or Wix Filter. After the Walmart fiasco last December I change my own oil on my truck now.

Comment

Mobil 1

Comment

Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 or K&N oil filter. Pennzoil Platinum is good stuff also.

Comment

They all taste the same to me.

Comment

Yamalube in my Yz400F and Gsxr750, Castrol Vtwin Synthetic in my BMW R1100Rs, Mystic 15\50 usually in the 2000 Ram 2500 Cummins, typically Oreilly's brand for my 01 Chevy 1500 5.3 & 04 Chevy 2500 6.0, Both Zero Turns get whatever I have on the shelf at the time in 20\50, the 350 in my boat got Aviation synthetic blend 15\40 I believe (I was given about a case of it).

I like Mystic, Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil's Super line. The Oreilly stuff has faired well. I tried the Napa branded oil at one point (claimed to be Valvoline in Napa packaging), but it didn't seem to perform as well as Valvoline. It was usually dark - black in about half the mileage as Valvoline was that I was using at the time.

Comment

Mobil 1 for the camaro. Cheap shit for everything else.

Comment

Motor-craft synthetic for the F250...MB1 for the wife's car
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X