SPL testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPL testing

Does anyone no anybody that does spl testing? I'd like to see what it does on the amp I have now and then test it again when I install the new 1. Thanks.

Originally posted by 1SloLT1 View Post
    Does anyone no anybody that does spl testing? I'd like to see what it does on the amp I have now and then test it again when I install the new 1. Thanks.
    Seriously? In 2012 people still want SPL's tested? I'm sure you could find any number of stereo shops in Pleasant Grove, Grand Prairie, Irving, or Arlington that might do it..but then your shit might get jacked later.

You could also go to the local police dept and ask them to check it...but then you might get a ticket for noise pollution.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      Seriously? In 2012 people still want SPL's tested?
      What's the big deal?

Oh, that's right. Most kids these days dont even have aftermarket systems because all they need is an MP3 player and some headphones. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        What's the big deal?

Oh, that's right. Most kids these days dont even have aftermarket systems because all they need is an MP3 player and some headphones. Sad.
        No big deal. More like a joke. I gave up on SPL's when I built the system in my old Supra and decided I wanted high quality sound over decibels. Its harder to build a quality system than it is to toss a huge box in the trunk with 4 12's in it.

Comment

I know Audio Depot use to but I called them and they said the guy that did it quit. Mine is setup up for SQ I am just curious to see what it will do.

Comment

PM 1fastranger, he can point you in the right direction.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

No big deal. More like a joke. I gave up on SPL's when I built the system in my old Supra and decided I wanted high quality sound over decibels. Its harder to build a quality system than it is to toss a huge box in the trunk with 4 12's in it.
              No reason you can't have both.

Comment

Our RTA only goes to 135dB. Even if you doubled your power, and your speakers could handle it, you would only see a 3dB gain.

Comment

Right now I am waiting on a battery to in stall the new amp that will give the subs the rms power. The amp that is running them now is only giving them half of rms if that.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                    Even if you doubled your power, and your speakers could handle it, you would only see a 3dB gain.
                    Which is significant!

Comment

For SQ system 135db is fairly loud. I think I pulled off around 132 or so in my Supra when it was measured at about knee level in the front floorboard...and that was with a single rear facing Rockford Power series DVC 10"...bridged mono on a Linear Power 3002 in a sealed enclosure..with an Epicenter. It was by FAR the best hitting system I've ever had but I think a lot of it had to do with the layout of the car. I blew out several JL Audio 10W6's (back when they first hit the market around 95)...and then Rockford came out with that Power series 10...and that thing is STILL in my Trans Am pounding it out on the same Linear.

Comment

I'd like to test my truck, just a simple dual 8" system on about 500w. It is by far not very loud but it hammers for what it is.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

For SQ system 135db is fairly loud. I think I pulled off around 132 or so in my Supra when it was measured at about knee level in the front floorboard...and that was with a single rear facing Rockford Power series DVC 10"...bridged mono on a Linear Power 3002 in a sealed enclosure..with an Epicenter. It was by FAR the best hitting system I've ever had but I think a lot of it had to do with the layout of the car. I blew out several JL Audio 10W6's (back when they first hit the market around 95)...and then Rockford came out with that Power series 10...and that thing is STILL in my Trans Am pounding it out on the same Linear.
                          135 is not loud at all. I'd think even a single 10w6 with decent power should get louder than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            135 is not loud at all. I'd think even a single 10w6 with decent power should get louder than that.
                            A bandpass or ported enclosure surely would have had higher db.....but I wanted better low frequency response (smoother)....the bandpass enclosure its in now in my Trans Am definitely has more midbass...but its a lot more boomy which I don't really care for...and thats even after completely altering all the settings on my EQL to try and smooth it out. I'm sure my T/A would probably hit a higher SPL. I prefer sealed enclosures with lower output and much smoother (accurate) deep bass over boomy midbass.

Comment

Working...
                            X