No announcement yet.

Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, are they going to do roll racing out at Cedar Creek?

I know this site doesn't race anymore but I thought that I would throw this out there anyway. There is a lot of the roll race guys going to cedar creek this Sat. night. One of my friends has a race with one of the Corvettes locked in. Stock block 302 fox coupe, c4 with 76mm on e85 with fast efi. vs C6, cam, exhaust, procharged.

Can someone help Shanaynus tie his shoes? Or wipe his own ass for once?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

you've never seen roll races done at a track? why mention they are roll racers if the dig was a given? spend more time at the track instead of disney land, lots of things have changed. your stock block with a t-trim and 15 pounds would likely shit itself pulling on the trailer. care to prove me wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
        I sell products to home builders and Houston is flat YOY, Dallas and Austin up 10% or more YOY
        Who do you work for?
        Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        I would expect that to lag almost ask much as oil prices and declining rig rates.

How has the trend over the past 3 months compared to the first 6 months of this year?

Maybe new home inventory is finally catching up?
        I am in Forney. We were EXTREMELY busy in the first half of the year. It slowed through the last part of the second quarter and a good portion of Q3. It seems like it is picking up a bit, just by number of sales. With the number of spec homes we are about to start, I look for a big Q1 and Q2 again next year. Combine that with the number of new neighborhoods we are going into and the lull we are seeing right now is most likely that seasonal, people don't do a lot of homebuying through Q4 and into Q1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

it's cooled a little here south of Houston... we pay attention to the lower end of the spectrum (sub ~325k) and we've actually been seeing decent stuff in the 200-275k range that actually sits for a few weeks, and we've actually seen some price reductions on stuff as well.

This summer everything was going as soon as it was listed.

as stated above, part of that is the natural slowdown cycle after summer, but it feels a little more extreme vs last year at this time.

My sister just bought a place in 75080 that seemed stupid expensive to me, but I'm sure she'll luck into doubling that shit in a few years (not that I wouldn't be ecstatic for her!)

we've been really tempted to build, but I just don't have it in me right now to deal with GC'ing a home build, and I refuse to pay retail for anything

we're in the option period on a house we offered on last week. I've been collecting retail bids on all the stuff that needs to be done. Hopefully we can negotiate the price down some
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

My realtor made $125k last week. Still booming for some. I've noticed stuff is on the market a little longer, but I think it's mostly from pricing. A lot of it sells after a couple drops.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              My realtor made $125k last week. Still booming for some. I've noticed stuff is on the market a little longer, but I think it's mostly from pricing. A lot of it sells after a couple drops.
              Yes I think pricing is a little high people getting more and more greedy. Its still selling quick if its priced right but not AS crazy as it was the last 3-4 months.

Comment

Here in Allen, there are homes on the market for less than a week getting full-price offers with incentives. That, of course, was during the summer before school started. Now things have slowed down considerably but they're still selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                  you've never seen roll races done at a track? why mention they are roll racers if the dig was a given? spend more time at the track instead of disney land, lots of things have changed. your stock block with a t-trim and 15 pounds would likely shit itself pulling on the trailer. care to prove me wrong?

Uh oh, Naynus done got all huffed up again about the internet.

Don't worry, one of these days you'll be able to afford something besides an old truck that looks like it belongs in a fucking circus.
                  Last edited by Broncojohnny; 10-13-2015, 03:35 AM.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by KJ94GT View Post
                    Here in Allen, there are homes on the market for less than a week getting full-price offers with incentives. That, of course, was during the summer before school started. Now things have slowed down considerably but they're still selling.
                    I have been watching the market for houses over $400k in Plano for over a year. These are houses that are built between 1993 and 1998 and are priced at $125-$160 psf. They are 3-4 bedrooms and a lot of them have pools. Some of them come out and are gone very quickly. But if they aren't snatched up, they seem to sit for months. I see a lot of price reductions if they don't move quick.

Comment

The housing market for homes between $100k-$220k are still price bloated and out of control with how fast they are selling. From what I have seen, homes $280k-$350k are taking 30-90 days to sell which is more of a stable market and they also seem to be more accurate in their value. I also may not be accurate, in that last statement as I dont know what homes in that range were selling for a few years ago.

Comment

I hope it doesn't slow down too much. I think I'll be putting my house up for sale in the next month or so. I've been busting my ass to get it ready for market.

Comment

The seller of the house I just bought originally had it listed at $249k... Didn't sell for a month or two. And then I swooped in and bought it for $212k

Comment

Once it cools, or levels off, there are some people that are going to be long time fucked.

Comment

From what Im seeing, sub 250k is hot, 250-350 is pretty stagnant, though Im looking at a very select area. The house 2 down from me sold in 3 days at 245k.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Had a friend list house about 3 weeks ago in Rowlett. Had a offer same day at asking price they took it. I would say things are still selling quickly, for nice homes/areas it seems anything on the market more than a few weeks is a red flag something may be up.
                                1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                                1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                                2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X