DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:49 PM   #21
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
What are the nuances of how the math works out when it's paid off? Anything besides the obvious: You get to keep a hell of a lot more money. I ask because I've managed to accumulate enough to start looking for a rent house or perhaps a duplex. So I'd want to just buy it outright, don't want to deal with any payments.
I'm no rental expert. I have one rental property that I've legitimately rented one time. There are a million resources online to read and learn. Stuff like www.biggerpockets.com and a plethora of online articles. As far as paying cash, a lot of people will tell you to invest that money in some sort or retirement account and take out a mortgage for the rental property. Let the tenant pay the interest on the mortgage and you get to write off the interest every year. Plus you've got retirement accounts growing, starting now. And then other people will argue that there's nothing better than a rental property with no mortgage. Your mileage may vary.

Quote:
Suspect some kind of a scam?
No. This MC came highly recommended. While I don't agree with the decisions they made for repairs, I really don't think they were taking my old appliances to use somewhere else just to buy me new ones. Why not just take the new ones to wherever they would've used my old ones?
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:57 PM   #22
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
Why not just take the new ones to wherever they would've used my old ones?
If they kept the new ones, you and the renters would likely notice that the old ones were still in place. Yet you still would've paid for new ones.

But if they just got you to replace the old ones with new, and the old ones were still functioning, they could just put the old ones to use on their own properties somewhere. If they managed enough rent houses, and if they owned enough of their own properties, this practice could save them a ho lotta of money. Some management companies manage an awful lot.

Maybe I'm just too suspicious. Always possible
Old 03-25-2020, 04:01 PM   #23
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody

Quote:
If they kept the new ones, you and the renters would likely notice that the old ones were still in place. Yet you still would've paid for new ones.

But if they just got you to replace the old ones with new, and the old ones were still functioning, they could just put the old ones to use on their own properties somewhere. If they managed enough rent houses, and if they owned enough of their own properties, this practice could save them a ho lotta of money. Some management companies manage an awful lot.

Maybe I'm just too suspicious. Always possible
It's possible and the whole maintenance issue is one reason why I'm no longer using them. I don't feel they did any due diligence when the tenant called with a problem, they just replaced whatever he called about. And usually with a lesser product than was there before.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #24
Gasser64
Lifer

Ah so laziness and or cheapness. Didn't want to pay the guy who could knows how to fix it, to go out there and see if he could fix it.

Tags
nay sez god i luv cock, nay sez i need cock today, nay want white daddy dik, naynigs=no lease 4 you, nays dik is virus, nays penis is small