No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I've been reading through all of these and it is has motivated me to get my ass back in the gym. I have lost motivation and it's starting to SHOW... I started going to the gym about 3 years ago when I peaked at 338. Got really into it, worked out at least 4 times a week. I didn't really take any body shots back then because I had no idea I was going to be as successful as I was, (in my eyes) but I went from 338 to 218. I have currently let my diet go to shit and have gained 20lbs. I went to the gym a couple times two weeks ago, and haven't been back since. After reading through this thread, I'm going to go the rest of the week. Here are some pics. I don't have many since I deleted my FB, but here is what I had on my comp. Wish I had some full body shots. My goal was to reach 205, but fell off before I made it. My new goal is to get back down to 220 at least.

back in 06 (320ish lbs)

March of '11 (230lbs)

Aug '11 (218lbs)

Comment

• Originally posted by cde21 View Post
      Man, I've been reading through all of these and it is has motivated me to get my ass back in the gym. I have lost motivation and it's starting to SHOW... I started going to the gym about 3 years ago when I peaked at 338. Got really into it, worked out at least 4 times a week. I didn't really take any body shots back then because I had no idea I was going to be as successful as I was, (in my eyes) but I went from 338 to 218. I have currently let my diet go to shit and have gained 20lbs. I went to the gym a couple times two weeks ago, and haven't been back since. After reading through this thread, I'm going to go the rest of the week. Here are some pics. I don't have many since I deleted my FB, but here is what I had on my comp. Wish I had some full body shots. My goal was to reach 205, but fell off before I made it. My new goal is to get back down to 220 at least.

back in 06 (320ish lbs)

March of '11 (230lbs)

Aug '11 (218lbs)

We are all human,it happens to the best of us! Just gotta get in there and get after it,stick with it! If you're not a "motivated" person then having people to motivate you is a key factor, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have support! You've made big changes already,just by looking at your pictures. Good luck and stay with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake98SVT View Post
        goodluck bro keep us posted.

I actually got to 184 but started to gain the wrong kind of weight around the stomach so I am thinking of doing a small cut this month. hopefully get down to a decent BF% that I want and will be satisfied with for now.

How tall are you?
        I plan to get back down to 180 how I was back 2yrs ago and start boxing so I can get into the light heavyweight class. Since Im over the weight and at 193 ill be with the heavyweights. Some big boys in that class and for me being at 5'7 I will get rocked I know for sure..So i plan to get down to 180 and right before weigh-ins drop to 178. So pretty much train at 185-180 and drop weight to 178 right before a fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by sosoe View Post
          How tall are you?
          I plan to get back down to 180 how I was back 2yrs ago and start boxing so I can get into the light heavyweight class. Since Im over the weight and at 193 ill be with the heavyweights. Some big boys in that class and for me being at 5'7 I will get rocked I know for sure..So i plan to get down to 180 and right before weigh-ins drop to 178. So pretty much train at 185-180 and drop weight to 178 right before a fight..
          i'm about 5'10. Goodluck with accomplishing your goal, keep us posted every step of the way. I wish I never stopped boxing when I was younger but oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Comment

• I did this workout yesterday and it rocked. I only did 2 sets at about 10-12 positions and 15 reps (not to failure on most) though.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I have been feeling really good, and I have not needed any pre work out! Its amazing how staying sober 99% of the time can help you. My work outs have been awesome!
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

• Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                I have been feeling really good, and I have not needed any pre work out! Its amazing how staying sober 99% of the time can help you. My work outs have been awesome!
                Same for me. I've been taking pre-work outs for the past 3-4 years and yesterday was my first without. I did just fine and actually feel like I got a better work out. Plus the major cut back in alcohol as well has helped. Although my weight hasn't dropped, I feel slimmer.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  Same for me. I've been taking pre-work outs for the past 3-4 years and yesterday was my first without. I did just fine and actually feel like I got a better work out. Plus the major cut back in alcohol as well has helped. Although my weight hasn't dropped, I feel slimmer.
                  That is where I am at. All they did for me was make me feel like I was on crack, noxipro didn't, but I didn't feel like it did anything for me. I have better luck with straight black coffee. I think I am going to switch back to that.
                  2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                  2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

That is where I am at. All they did for me was make me feel like I was on crack, noxipro didn't, but I didn't feel like it did anything for me. I have better luck with straight black coffee. I think I am going to switch back to that.
                    Stim-free here!
                    I do like taking carb loading products such as Karbolyn and Glycoject beforehand though.

Comment

I run quite a bit and some black coffee beforehand can make quite a bit of difference.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Down to 205lbs and my bench press has taken a drop as well. I was 220 in Jan.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• just an update with a few pics. I'm down a couple of pounds and have been sittin pretty at 179.

Back(again I'm still trying to learn how to flex it correctly.

front

shoulder

1 month into a cut. before and after.

Comment

• I need to start running again. I porked up to 201 @5'7". I'm down to 170 but I want 160. I could use a good stomached bug or some explosive diarrhea

Comment

• i am up about 10lbs since i started working out again. i need to work on my diet i know but if i get too strict i lean out more than ild like to be so im trying to find a decent balance. im feeling a lot better and getting bigger fairly quick.

it was a good feeling after a few weeks anf the girlfrind hugged me and then stepped back, looked at me and was like your already bigger. i hate you.
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• I'm still hovering right around the 235lb mark, but I haven't been anywhere near as strict with my diet and I've been doing some light lifting and running 2 miles, 3x/week, so I'm replacing some of my fat with muscle. Clothes are still fitting me loose, and I'm buying some clothes in XL instead of 2XL or 3XL. I wouldn't have thought that possible 80lbs ago, so I am happy with my progress. I'm mostly happy with the fact that I've kept it all off for over a year now!

I'm going to start re-focusing more on my diet and might look at taking some supplements again. I'm not taking anything now, cause I wasn't convinced that they made a big enough difference and didn't like the jittery feeling that some gave me.

Congrats to everyone on their progress. I'm hoping some others chime in to let us know how they've been doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X