3-D T.V.'s, Scam or Scamola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D T.V.'s, Scam or Scamola?

Those here that have the 3-D option on your set, do you use it and is it worth getting or just another way for the T.V. mfgs to scam another $1k from you?

Even at the theaters it seems that the screen is dimmer and not as bright, I guess its a little cool, but I usually don't see it in 3-D at the theaters because of this.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Skip it I've had mine since 2011 and bought like 10 set of glasses and only used the 3D once

Comment

I will go out of my way to avoid watching anything in 3D.. Unless it's Captain EO, I'm at Disneyland, and it's 1986..

Comment

Oh, and I spent a couple thousand dollars just so I wouldn't have to wear fucking glasses while watching TV.. Lol!

Comment

Depends on the source material in regards to home viewing. Watching the Gravity and Avatar 3D Bluray on my set up was pretty impressive. Avatar in particular, is very bright with good contrast. Some of the new 3D movies are more immersive than others. On some movies, the effect is very subtle to just add a little depth and others are in your face style 3D.

Terrible movie, but Piranha 3D has impressive 3D effects and overall picture quality. Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D is very well done as well.

What's not good is the 3D up-conversation of standard 2D content. That's the marketing aspect of 3D TV sets that is pure gimmick. It's terrible.

If you're interested in getting a 3D tv, you better not hesitate too long. Samsung is one manufacturer that has already discontinued 3D support in their 2016 models. I'm not sure if all of the other brands will follow suit, but that's not usually a good sign. TV and Bluray manufacturers are now focusing on 4K/HDR support, since more and more studios are starting to release 4K Blurays.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Oh, and I spent a couple thousand dollars just so I wouldn't have to wear fucking glasses while watching TV.. Lol!
            Scamola. I too paid money so I wouldn't have to wear glasses anymore.

Comment

not a fan of 3d, i regret it everytime i pay to see 3d in a theater, i doubt a tv is any better, mine has it but I haven't used it
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I have two 3d TVs, have watched about an hour of programming and played a couple of games. Waste.

Comment

It's fun for about 10 minutes, then who cares. If you have it, and Netflix, watch the Redbull shit, the ski boarding stuff was kinda fun to watch.

Also, try watching it drunk, it's like 6D then!

Comment

My tv does it, and I've never used it.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't have a 3d tv, but am never that impressed with 3d movies. I would just spend the money on a 4k tv instead.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        My tv does it, and I've never used it.
                        This. I wouldn't not buy a 3D TV if it was a good deal but I wouldn't spend extra money for the feature.

Mine was normally $3500 on sale for $1500 (about 4 years ago) it had better specs then the other TVs at that price so I bought it. I have never used the 3D though.

I do think the 3D stuff has gotten a lot better over the last few years but still not worth the extra money. Still need a 3D player (i think) and buy the glasses for anyone who would be watching it.

Comment

They are moving on to some other fucking gimmick to get you to buy a new TV.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I have a LG 47" 3D HDTV and it's fun for watching 3D BluRays. The upconvert is hit or miss. Sometimes it does a good job, most times not. I never have a lighting issue. Percent wise, we watch more movies not in 3D, and only watch 3D BluRays, not upconverting any other movies.

I would say not to make it a selling point. I got the 3D just because it was the best bang for the buck at the size we wanted.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              It's fun for about 10 minutes, then who cares. If you have it, and Netflix, watch the Redbull shit, the ski boarding stuff was kinda fun to watch.

Also, try watching it drunk, it's like 6D then!
                              They have 3d on netflix

Comment

Working...
                              X