Ls3 cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls3 cost

What's a complete ls3 with accessories and wiring harness go for these days?

I have an early 90s bmw that NEEDS an ls swap.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Get a truck 6.0 and cam it up, and open up the heads some. My 96 stepside has that setup and is a blast to drive.

Comment

LS2's are a solid bargain right now if it needs an aluminum block.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Get a truck 6.0 and cam it up, and open up the heads some. My 96 stepside has that setup and is a blast to drive.
        Thanks?

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        LS2's are a solid bargain right now if it needs an aluminum block.
        I would prefer aluminum and 6 speed. The LS3s seems to be more plentiful. Whats the going rate for either?
        Last edited by Torinoman; 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Yards are asking $7500 for complete takeouts with a 6 speed. That's for everything including pedals. Knock a couple of grand off for the engine by itself.

New from GM it's $13,200 for comparison. https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/CPSLS3T56.html

I'd look for an L92 personally. You get the same heads, displacement and steel crank for a whole lot less money. Used are usually under $3k. The LC9 is similar but a 5.3 and with a cast iron crank but they cost the same so go for an L92.

Comment

There’s a crate L96 for sale on LS1tech for $3500 but it’s an iron block.

Comment

I paid 7k for a new ls3 crate 376/525

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Yards are asking $7500 for complete takeouts with a 6 speed. That's for everything including pedals. Knock a couple of grand off for the engine by itself.

New from GM it's $13,200 for comparison. https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/CPSLS3T56.html

I'd look for an L92 personally. You get the same heads, displacement and steel crank for a whole lot less money. Used are usually under $3k. The LC9 is similar but a 5.3 and with a cast iron crank but they cost the same so go for an L92.
                thanks for the feedback.

I've thought about an L92 but am concerned that the accessory setup and intake won't be tight enough to fit in the engine bay. By the time I change it all out wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to just go LS3 from the start?
                Last edited by Torinoman; 02-19-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X