No announcement yet.

Heart Attack and Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you that standing over your friend in an Icu room with a ton of leads and tubes and breathing machine and monitors etc sucks. I'm glad that I had Jen with me on that visit to see you man. You can't imagine the relief when we all got the first text that you'd awaken that first morning and all the great messages afterwards. The next visit was great to see you smiling and cutting up and having our buddy back. We are all amazed at how quick you recovered and progressed and very thankful to still have you here. I need to get back down and see you soon.

Love you man

Comment

I just read your story on face book, it’s been shared by a lot of people.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        Glad your still here. Heart attack is my number 1 fear in life. The fact you knew is insane. I can't imagine being alert enough to say goodbye. Probably a good thing you don't remember.

2nd chance. Enjoy everyday forward to the fullest.

I've been, or was on bp meds and cholesterol meds for about 7 years. But when I turned 40 19 months ago I hit the gym and tried diets. I've gone from 220, 36+ waist and on all those meds to 173, 32 or less and off all my meds.

Currently on a full blown keto diet. Energy level is through the roof. Eat nearly 3,000 calories a day. I'll know in a few months how my cholesterol is with this diet though. If LDL is high again, I'll get back on pill and carbs My trt obviously helps. But between 4-5 days of gym a week, keto diet, no formal form of cardio, and I feel AMAZING. And I don't drink, anymore. Last r&r I had 1-2 glasses of wine at dinner a night but no beer on our cruise. When home I never had any booze in the house and no desire.

I'm doing everything in my power to be around for a very long time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        I'm betting your LDL and HDL come more into alignment the next time you have it checked. Mine last September were 83 and 69 respectively, and triglycerides were 59, all with my no longer having to take the stout doses of Lipitor and Trilipix that used to be on my Rx list.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          I'm betting your LDL and HDL come more into alignment the next time you have it checked. Mine last September were 83 and 69 respectively, and triglycerides were 59, all with my no longer having to take the stout doses of Lipitor and Trilipix that used to be on my Rx list.
          I am hoping so. I will be taking my annual fit for duty physical in May during R&R before my new job assignment and promotion. Nothing like failing the physical and being delayed a month for waivers.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm glad you are still with us.

We as a group aren't in our 20's anymore - we're all getting older and as I learned with my stroke I had in 2010 I'm no longer bullet proof either. One minute I was getting ready for work and the next thing I know I'm on my way in an ambulance to the hospital.

The best advice I can give people is go to the damn doctor periodically and get checked! That gets more and more critical the older you get and the higher mileage you have on you. Also, quit doing that shit that you know is bad for you.

An hour spent at the doctors getting checked out twice a year beats the crap out of being flat on your back in the hospital after a heart attack or stroke.

Comment

Working...
            X