Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have any mechanic/members Shreveport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any mechanic/members Shreveport?

Driving back from New Orleans and right before Shreveport I have a steady check engine light and it feels like it’s running on only 5 cylinders.
    Do we have someone that owns or works at a reliable shop here in Shreveport?

To add to the fun, I got to my hotel late last night, and today there is possible flooding.
    Even if I had a code reader, I don’t have any tools or anywhere to get out of the rain.

Comment

I live in Shreveport. THe place i always used just closed. Dealership is probably most honest place here..if that tells you anything.

Comment

Auto Zone or O'Reily's can read a code. Could be a miss such as a bad plug, coil pack/wire, etc. Could be a vacuum line loose or something. Either should be fairly easy to take care of.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          Auto Zone or O'Reily's can read a code. Could be a miss such as a bad plug, coil pack/wire, etc. Could be a vacuum line loose or something. Either should be fairly easy to take care of.
          Indeed. But it’s raining like a Mfr and I don’t even have a screwdriver with me.

Comment

is this the one you just put an engine in?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              is this the one you just put an engine in?
              Yep.
              Looks like the rear exhaust cam is f’d up.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                Yep.
                Looks like the rear exhaust cam is f’d up.
                if it werent for bad luck, you wouldnt have any.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Balsy driving all the way to NO without tools after an engine swap!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    If you are not living on the edge you’re taking up too much room.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      If you are not living on the edge you’re taking up too much room.
                      we left dfw headed to houston, then austin and back to DFW on the power tour with a couple lawn chairs, a couple changes of clothes, and a cooler. I had all of 200 miles on the 69 at that point.

Comment

we left dfw headed to houston, then austin and back to DFW on the power tour with a couple lawn chairs, a couple changes of clothes, and a cooler. I had all of 200 miles on the 69 at that point.
                        Indeed we did.
                        Had a great time.

Comment

Indeed we did.
                          Had a great time.
                          Were you able to get it rolling again?

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                            Were you able to get it rolling again?
                            Put it on a dolly and brought it home today.

Comment

Well, you can probably accomplish more on a car without tools than I can with, so maybe you're on to something.

Comment

Working...
                              X