No announcement yet.

Refrigerators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THe biggest problems on refrigerators is the door ice water dispenser. Buy one without one.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      I'm guessing they're called side by sides. The GE we had before this that the builder installed was one of those, and it had a water/ice dispenser in the door that failed after 3 or 4 years. The coil defroster element failed once under warranty and once again outside of the warranty, and the second time it happened I got the part and replaced it. We had it for 10 years or so and other than those issues it worked fine. I like the room that the Samsung offers in the refrigerator section on the top, and we intentionally bought a model with the freezer drawer on the bottom. We do have to make it a point though to remember what's in there though, so nothing sits neglected underneath other items.
      Yes side by side but they have one where the front of the doors open to reach three of four front shelves and then the secondary door opens to get into the main fridge. I a have been gutting my bathroom I will look it up in a minute.

Here it is sort of. I thought it was freezer one side refrigerator on the other. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Samsung-...FREJgQod1OIJ6A

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      THe biggest problems on refrigerators is the door ice water dispenser. Buy one without one.
      My mon has a Kenmore form the 80's. Only thing wrong with it is the ice dispenser.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I've got a Samsung french door for with bottom freezer as well. Black stainless. Ice and water on the door. Went with all Samsung black stainless in the kitchen and washer/dryer about a year ago, I think. No issues so far, other than lots of little dents and dings on the fridge. I don't even know where they keep coming from, so I guess it just dents easy. The ice maker doesn't dispense perfectly - sometimes on the cubed setting it still grinds pretty hard and spits out a bunch of fragments. That's a pet peeve of mine. Oh, and the freezer drawer on bottom doesn't pull out far enough. But ya, it keeps stuff cold just fine, has lots of room, and the black stainless looks sharp.

We have a side by side LG in the basement that's maybe 6 years old, regular stainless, also with ice and water on the door. It also works fine. It actually makes and dispenses better ice (larger cubes). I actually think I like the full side by side better than the bottom freezer drawer.

My in-laws had a GE that sucked ass.

EDIT: Got that shit backwards. See below.
        Last edited by jluv; 02-21-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          From a thread in July of 2015 on refrigerators:
          Fucking hilarious! I remember posting that, but forgot theirs was an LG.

I actually got it backwards in my most recent post above. They still have the LG, and it sucks. I jut ran down to the basement to look, and the one we have down there is a GE! I actually like it a lot.

So, to clarify, we have a GE side by side in our basement as a spare fridge, and it's fine. I like the ice cubes it makes better than my Samsung in the kitchen.

It's the LG that my in-laws have sucks balls with its slow water and midget ice cubes.
          Last edited by jluv; 02-22-2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

We have a couple months old Frigidaire gallery, I don't think the in door ice has ever worked. I need to call them about it, just been busy.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              Fucking hilarious! I remember posting that, but forgot theirs was an LG.

I actually got it backwards in my most recent post above. They still have the LG, and it sucks. I jut ran down to the basement to look, and the one we have down there is a GE! I actually like it a lot.

So, to clarify, we have An LG side by side in our basement as a spare fridge, and it's fine. I like the ice cubes it makes better than my Samsung in the kitchen.

It's the LG that my in-laws have sucks balls with its slow water and midget ice cubes.
              Thanks for the clarification. Ice is a big deal for us and after the post by slow99, I’ve found that a shit ton of people feel the same way you do.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                We have a couple months old Frigidaire gallery, I don't think the in door ice has ever worked. I need to call them about it, just been busy.
                FYI. There was a recall on them a while back. Even fixed...twice it still didn’t work for shit.

Comment

I’ve got a Frigidaire. Have to do manual ice dump to get it to make ice sometimes but it works. Almost 4 yrs old not a bad fridge for price

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Thanks for the clarification. Ice is a big deal for us and after the post by slow99, I’ve found that a shit ton of people feel the same way you do.
                    I still got it wrong in part that last post. I just edited it to make it right.

We have a GE downstairs that makes great ice. A Samsung in the kitchen that makes decent ice. The in-laws have an LG that makes shitty ice and has slow water.

I'm not necessarily pushing GE. I do know that my in-laws had other GE stuff that sucked, which is why I had it confused, but this particular one does make good ice and has not given us any shit. That said, we don't open it too often since it's just a spare. But, it is full of food and drinks and frozen stuff. I guess the bottom line is that I wouldn't own an LG unless they have changed the ice thing.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      I kind of hoped you would post up. Kitchen Aid has some god damn nice shit and you can tell by the price.
                      Oh yeah, you're gonna pay for it. Yes, Kitchen Aid is high, but, quality. My appliances in my next house will be Kitchen Aid. I won't be in this one long enough for it to make financial sense. That, and everything about my current house is non standard sizes, so the KA stuff wouldn't work anyways, and that's the only other reason I didn't go with them. I had to buy a bunch of off the wall shit and our options were extremely limited. I'm struggling with finding an oven right now. I've got 3-4 choices due to size, and I'm not pleased with any of the possibilities.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        yes side by side but they have one where the front of the doors open to reach three of four front shelves and then the secondary door opens to get into the main fridge.

I like the idea of a smaller door within a door. This is the one we have, just a little over two years old now. The ice maker is still working great.

[ATTACH]4624[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by The King; 12-13-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

you people are getting old. three pages about fuckin refrigerators

Comment

I am old, can't speak for the others though!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              you people are getting old. three pages about fuckin refrigerators
                              I thought the same last night while checking this thread. Lol

Comment

WHen I was appliance shopping a few months ago, I found this place very helpful. They are a big appliance retailer but more importantly they service. They run 25k service calls a year and publish their data:
                                The most reliable appliance brands for 2024 are based on over 40,000 logged service calls. Find out which brands are the best for each category.

Whirlpool is #1 and on the more affordable side.

Comment

Working...
                                X