"Strange" Eating Habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Strange" Eating Habits

This topic came up with a friend of mine today. She thinks that i am weird because i eat one thing at a time. Ie: steak, baked potato and green beans... I would eat the green beans first, then the baked potato, then the steak. Anybody else with this mild ocd condition? Anybody else with any other supposed strange eating habits?
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

I have a few.

First: I always eat the edge of a sandwich or hamburger first. I eat the middle last.
    Second: I eat one thing at a time.
    Third: Not only do I eat on thing at a time, but I eat my least favorite thing first. I make sure the last bite of my meal is the best.
    Fourth: I eat equally on both sides of my mouth. I even break up food in equal amounts as I am biting it to even it out. Ex: If I eat a peanut, I eat a piece on each side of my mouth.
    Fifth: I can't have beer while I am eating. I dunno why, but it makes my meal not enjoyable.

There are probably more I don't even realize I do.

Side note: I do combine my rice and beans.
    Last edited by mstng86; 06-29-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

read no further as this story is obviously fiction. the geor has no female friends.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

i love combining food but only on my own accord.

ie @ chipotle , i absolutely can NOT get a burrito there. i have to get a barbacoa bowl with the tortilla on the side. then i have to ask them to keep the meat separate next to the rice and the bean on the other side of that. then i get a side of salsa. the only thing i can spread across multiple things is the cheese.

i'm insane.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          This topic came up with a friend of mine today. She thinks that i am weird because i eat one thing at a time. Ie: steak, baked potato and green beans... I would eat the green beans first, then the baked potato, then the steak. Anybody else with this mild ocd condition? Anybody else with any other supposed strange eating habits?
          I do the same thing, and people tell me that all the time as well. I just tell them they're weird for mixing and matching.

I also don't enjoy a beer while eating. Right before, and right after, absolutely. But beer fucks up my palate when eating a meal. I can, however, drink a mixed drink or glass of wine while eating.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Another: i ingest zero to very little liquids while i eat.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I also don't enjoy a beer while eating. Right before, and right after, absolutely. But beer fucks up my palate when eating a meal. I can, however, drink a mixed drink or glass of wine while eating.
              same thing for me.
              Exact opposite for me. I drink a lot while I am eating. I can't eat without a drink.

Comment

I also enjoy eating sandwichs, mainly burgers layer by layer, though not so much in public settings.

Comment

There is a show about you weirdoes on discovery channel, history channel, one of those channels.

The episode I caught the other night was a 28 yr old man who has eaten only French fries since he was around three.
                  Last edited by Txstang1; 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM.
                  Vortex rear stand $75
                  8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                  My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                  11 4 door
                  13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    I have a few.

First: I always eat the edge of a sandwich or hamburger first. I eat the middle last.
                    Second: I eat one thing at a time.
                    Third: Not only do I eat on thing at a time, but I eat my least favorite thing first. I make sure the last bite of my meal is the best.
                    Fourth: I eat equally on both sides of my mouth. I even break up food in equal amounts as I am biting it to even it out. Ex: If I eat a peanut, I eat a piece on each side of my mouth.
                    Fifth: I can't have beer while I am eating. I dunno why, but it makes my meal not enjoyable.

There are probably more I don't even realize I do.

Side note: I do combine my rice and beans.
                    #4 Sounds a bit strange to me, but who am i to judge?!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      read no further as this story is obviously fiction. the geor has no female friends.

god bless.

Haha lmao....

I've got a few. I eat one thing at a time and generally I will not drink anything while I eat since I believe liquids can fill you up pretty fast. Just a couple of things.

Oh and mstng86 I agree with #3 I'm the exact same way.

Comment

I tend to eat one thing at a time, and generally work counter clockwise around the plate in terms of order I eat.

I don't do it all the time, but I notice that I do it when I'm in the middle of a meal.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yep. I do the exact same thing. Always have, and I have no idea why. I don't even notice I'm doing it until someone asks, "how is your ____?" and I reply with, "I don't know, I haven't gotten to it yet." It's never in any particular order though.

Comment

LMAO! I replied to your first post before reading this.

I do the same damn thing. WTF?

Comment

After growing up in some nasty shit holes, I can't eat in the dark. I always have a light of some sort. When we go to the Studio Movie grill, I have to eat before the lights go out or I won't eat.

My brother has everything on seperate plates. He doesn't like any of his food touching eachother. I always thought that was kind of weird. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X