Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School Threatens to Ruin Valedictorian’s Naval Academy Appt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    So you're going to take the side of the person that has already proven they can't be trusted to do exactly what they say? They've got nothing in this article that has any substance regarding the "punishment." It's all accusations.

Fact: They shut his microphone off because he didn't stick to the agreed upon plan.
    Fact: He was warned of this ahead of time.

Would you want someone making direct life or death decisions for you who can't be expected to stick to what they say?
    I'm going to err on the side of freedom. He earned that spot, he said what he wanted and they shut him down. Fine. Going after him by writing the Naval Academy? Bullshit. Can't be expected to stick to what they say? You mean pointing out actions that infringe on freedom by an overreaching governmental body?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

False. It's the government, and there are rules that specifically state they cannot do those things you mention. This has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with him deviating from a pre-approved plan. They expected his speech to be a certain amount of time. These things are choreographed, if you allow them to do what they want you can run over your allotted time. Some schools don't rent a venue for the day, but instead for a half day, or a certain number of hours.

Of course, I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying.
      False. You can demand a redress of grievances from that government. You want to use incorporation to mean the constitution extends beyond the federal government then NO governmental body may make any laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion or abridging the freedom of speech. I was waiting on this actually. You're bringing up things not in the story. You don't know if his speech took more or less than his approved script. You are just sticking things in to try to support your bullshit claims where you scream about someone exercising their rights to speech and religion.

Comment

I really don't have a big problem with the school exercising it's rights by turning off the mic. I do have a big problem with the school writing a letter to the Naval Academy telling them the student has poor judgement or character. I really wish the Naval Academy would stand up and say "We really don't care what you think of this student we are admitting him anyways" Carry On

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          The bolded part is the key. He is not a school official. I don't see the problem. I don't want to get preached to anymore than anyone else, believe me. But seriously, a few sentences that took maybe 2 minutes tops isn't going to offend me, or ruin my day. People go far above and beyond that at funerals every day. While a funeral isn't really bound by law like a school is, I still hold the opinion that he is not a school official, thus it should not matter.
          I agree with you for the most part, the crux of the issue is that it is sanctioned by the school, so they have to make sure he doesn't do anything that will get the school in trouble. While he's giving his speech he is a school official.

And all of that is ignoring that the cocksucker of a principal tried to bully him, and badmouth him to the Naval Academy. That in and of itself should get the principal fired, and banned from future adminstrative positions.
          If what is said about the principal is true, it's horseshit, but I'm having a hard time believing it because of the way the story is written and the source making the accusation.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I'm going to err on the side of freedom. He earned that spot, he said what he wanted and they shut him down. Fine. Going after him by writing the Naval Academy? Bullshit. Can't be expected to stick to what they say? You mean pointing out actions that infringe on freedom by an overreaching governmental body?
            False. You can demand a redress of grievances from that government. You want to use incorporation to mean the constitution extends beyond the federal government then NO governmental body may make any laws prohibiting the free exercise of religion or abridging the freedom of speech. I was waiting on this actually. You're bringing up things not in the story. You don't know if his speech took more or less than his approved script. You are just sticking things in to try to support your bullshit claims where you scream about someone exercising their rights to speech and religion.
            Uhhhh. no.

Comment

If you don't believe it, provide something to back up your belief. His atty says it, he says it and it sounds like the school is butt hurt about not being able to control the kid. Your move salesman

Comment

Uhhhh. no.
                Yes. Incorporation applies the constitution to the states. That means all of the constitution. Which means no governmental body (as I've been told repeatedly) may prohibit the free exercise of religion or abridge freedom of speech and must permit the redress of grievances. Sounds like he's covered on just about every part of the 1st amendment if we are using incorporation.

Comment

If you don't believe it, provide something to back up your belief. His atty says it, he says it and it sounds like the school is butt hurt about not being able to control the kid. Your move salesman
                  Yes. Incorporation applies the constitution to the states. That means all of the constitution. Which means no governmental body (as I've been told repeatedly) may prohibit the free exercise of religion or abridge freedom of speech and must permit the redress of grievances. Sounds like he's covered on just about every part of the 1st amendment if we are using incorporation.
                  Just stop.

Comment

Just stop.
                    Mmm no.

Comment

Mmm no.
                      Welcome to the domain of irrelevancy.

Comment

Why do you let him suck you in to his bizaro world every dam time? He did me for a while as well. Then it dawned on me----he has no clue as to what the fuck he is typing.
                        Frosts 1 rule: Sounds good = must be true!

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                          Why do you let him suck you in to his bizaro world every dam time? He did me for a while as well. Then it dawned on me----he has no clue as to what the fuck he is typing.
                          Frosts 1 rule: Sounds good = must be true!
                          I guess a part of me hopes he'll snap out of his stupor, but evidence shows the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Sounds about right for Joshua. I would have let him write the letter. Then I would have crucified him with it.

No shit. Talk about an awesome piece of evidence for a lawsuit.

Comment

The Dad should have stomped a mud hole in that principal's ass. It is obvious that like most teachers are over paid and under worked. Sorry if that offends anyone, but facts are facts.

Comment

If I'm irrelevant, why do you keep responding

Comment

Working...
                                X