Question on 2 different Ford vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    You've seriously never changed a headlight bulb?

It's barely a step above gassing up...
    According to my co-worker, he has to take his dodge 1500 in to have the headlights serviced as the front bumper has to be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      The newest vehicle I have changed a headlight on was a 94 GT. I figure something is bound to have changed, especially the way manufacturers make shit hard to get to.
      Speaking of which we have a Chrysler that you have to remove the left front wheel and fender well to change the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        These are the ones I bought on EBAY, they are expensive, but they are plug and play, they feature LOW/HIGH beam.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-ASTAR-7...item4d3c4b17ce
        Only someone who knows nothing about lighting would use these.

It isn't the bulbs folks. It is the power supply. A very simple measurement will very clearly demonstrate this.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

It isn't the bulbs folks. It is the power supply. A very simple measurement will very clearly demonstrate this.
          Only on incandescent bulbs. Most all LED headlight bulbs are 5 volts and use a voltage regulator to step it down to the correct voltage. So it doesn't really matter if it is 12 volts or 10 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            You've seriously never changed a headlight bulb?

It's barely a step above gassing up...
            Depends on the car. Some of them are easier than gassing up, and some of them are a pain in the pecker hole.

I'd also recommend expensive LEDs to any of you that would like good reverse lights. Most stuff I've driven, the reverse lights are so worthless that I'm not sure why the manufacturer even bothered. But if you put an expensive LED in there, suddenly they work great. My old 87 chevy is a good example. You can imagine how bad those reverse lights would be, even when they were new. Now they're awesome, don't know how I lived without em.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

Let me guess...you invented LED bulbs, right? Try again. Different technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                According to my co-worker, he has to take his dodge 1500 in to have the headlights serviced as the front bumper has to be removed.
                If this is an 09-current, this is false. 3 or 4 screws and the grill comes off. Then 1 screw per headlight, and you have to reach in through an access panel in the fender well to a lever that locks it in place. While it is a few more steps, I can still change both bulbs in 10 minutes.

I could see the projectors maybe being a little different but the light housings are still held in the same way.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  If this is an 09-current, this is false. 3 or 4 screws and the grill comes off. Then 1 screw per headlight, and you have to reach in through an access panel in the fender well to a lever that locks it in place. While it is a few more steps, I can still change both bulbs in 10 minutes.

I could see the projectors maybe being a little different but the light housings are still held in the same way.
                  I believe it's a '15. He may have just been exaggerating, or just took the dealers word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                    Let me guess...you invented LED bulbs, right? Try again. Different technology.
                    I've also seen that not work out. At least not as well as desired. Before I switched to LED headlights in my old truck, I tried an H4 conversion cause it wasn't too awful expensive. Didn't really get any better. So I do some searching on the old beater truck forums, and everyone is recommending the relay mod he's referring to. So I did that. Marginal improvement at best. They did get a little brighter, but it was like "Eh..."

Switched to LEDs, couldn't be happier with the result.
                    WH

Comment

Fucking Ford and these damn headlights, there are a zillion similar complaints on them. And to change them out, you can either remove 1000 screws to take the headlight assembly out, or go in under the fender by removing a few screws and a plug, then snaking your hand behind the light and replacing it. What a PITA, no easy access!
                      Last edited by yellowstang; 02-07-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        Fucking Ford and these damn headlights, there are a zillion similar complaints on them. And to change them out, you can either remove 1000 screws to take the headlight assembly out, or go in under the fender by removing a few screws and a plug, then snaking your hand behind the light and replacing it. What a PITA, no easy access!
                        Try changing fog lights on a '15 fusion. Have to go in through the wheel well for the driver side. I couldnt figure out the passenger side without removing a ton of shit. The wiper fluid reservoir directly behind the light connector.

Changing the reverse lights are also a pain in the ass. You have to remove carpet and then undo the lights individually.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Try changing fog lights on a '15 fusion. Have to go in through the wheel well for the driver side. I couldnt figure out the passenger side without removing a ton of shit. The wiper fluid reservoir directly behind the light connector.

Changing the reverse lights are also a pain in the ass. You have to remove carpet and then undo the lights individually.
                          No, you dumb bastards! This is one step above pumping gas!

Comment

No, you dumb bastards! This is one step above pumping gas!
                            When I went from an 04 honda to a 14 stang I embarrassed myself at a gas station. I had no idea ford gas tanks have a push to release method, I had never seen it or even heard of it until I needed gas. Couldn't find the fuel release latch ANYWHERE. I got so pissed off that it was so hard to find that I kinda hit it when the side of my hand and it opened.

Comment

So on a scale of 1-10 with me ranking between retarded and can barely turn a wrench (a solid 3), should I try to put these in or hire it out?
                              Is this of any help?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                                Is this of any help?

Watched that one, and this, a little more detail. Of course the low beam is the top light, more of a PITA to get too.

I'm leaving it stock, this is a lease with just under 2 years left, not going to go thru all that crap on a lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X