Question on 2 different Ford vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S_K View Post
    Only on incandescent bulbs. Most all LED headlight bulbs are 5 volts and use a voltage regulator to step it down to the correct voltage. So it doesn't really matter if it is 12 volts or 10 volts.
    Some times I feel that is not worth trying to help. LED bulbs should never be used in a headlamp reflector designed for normal incandescent bulbs.

The factory bulbs are dim because of low voltage. The hotrod special bulbs do not put more light out onto the road and neither do the LED bulbs. Focus is more important than lumen numbers. The most important thing in low voltage lighting is the voltage. Using premium conventional bulbs that are fed full alternator voltage will give the best results.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      Watched that one, and this, a little more detail. Of course the low beam is the top light, more of a PITA to get too.

I'm leaving it stock, this is a lease with just under 2 years left, not going to go thru all that crap on a lease.

Did you buy the lights already? I can drop my truck off and you can install them. Mine isn't a lease, so that shouldn't hold you back.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        Did you buy the lights already? I can drop my truck off and you can install them. Mine isn't a lease, so that shouldn't hold you back.
        I have not bought them yet, but if you want me to install some, I'll buy them, and fuck your truck up installing them, errr, I mean install them for a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Thx for the replies.
          Henry, I want 2 different USB sticks so I can have music Lyn may listen too. My primary is death metal, she doesn't like it. ;-)
          Try putting each of your playlists into a folder on the same USB, you should be able to browse, and choose the one that you want.

Comment

No, you dumb bastards! This is one step above pumping gas!
            Lol is this seriously a challenge for You? 3 screws and a clip?

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Is this of any help?

Comment

I have a 2016 Lariat with the factory LED headlight option and they aren't any better. They are only good when the brights are on. Yes these Ford headlights are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Lol is this seriously a challenge for You? 3 screws and a clip?
                I didn't watch any of the videos, but probably.

Comment

No, you dumb bastards! This is one step above pumping gas!
                  Ha!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                    Let me guess...you invented LED bulbs, right? Try again. Different technology.
                    I post on the candle power forum and have been making my own light engines for use in various host for 11 or 12 years. I am very familiar with lighting tech. Do you remember a site called lighthound? I was a partner.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    I've also seen that not work out. At least not as well as desired. Before I switched to LED headlights in my old truck, I tried an H4 conversion cause it wasn't too awful expensive. Didn't really get any better. So I do some searching on the old beater truck forums, and everyone is recommending the relay mod he's referring to. So I did that. Marginal improvement at best. They did get a little brighter, but it was like "Eh..."

Switched to LEDs, couldn't be happier with the result.
                    If you got bad results with H4s it was from using a poor quality lamp housing assuming you had the bulbs fed properly. Check out this site for top quality housings and tons of lighting tech.

North America's Premier Automotive Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Outside of OEs there are no reflectors avaliable that are suitable for use with an LED bulb especially the bastardized POS bulb's that are being sold as drop ins.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-07-2018, 09:25 PM.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      I post on the candle power forum and have been making my own light engines for use in various host for 11 or 12 years. I am very familiar with lighting tech. Do you remember a site called lighthound? I was a partner.

If you got bad results with H4s it was from using a poor quality lamp housing assuming you had the bulbs fed properly. Check out this site for top quality housings and tons of lighting tech.

North America's Premier Automotive Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Outside of OEs there are no reflectors avaliable that are suitable for use with an LED bulb especially the bastardized POS bulb's that are being sold as drop ins.
                      Can I bring the halogen lamps to your place and test this together?

Comment

Can I bring the halogen lamps to your place and test this together?
                        I can come to you but do you really want to spend time with me in the dark?

The best test is to use the factory wiring on one side and the auxiliary harness on the otherside. The difference is pretty astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          I can come to you but do you really want to spend time with me in the dark?

The best test is to use the factory wiring on one side and the auxiliary harness on the otherside. The difference is pretty astounding.
                          I'm just ready to.get fucked up. The last time I talked to Forest we didn't get fucked up. I need to.fix that with a friend.

Comment

Get a harness from here and some good quality bulbs. GE Night Hawks or Philips VisionPlus are my preferred ones because of ready availability and good quality.

I'd love to hang out but I am not a big drinker.

Comment

I'm just ready to.get fucked up. The last time I talked to Forest we didn't get fucked up. I need to.fix that with a friend.
                              I admire this honesty. Fuck the headlights...just want to hang out with someone and party.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                I admire this honesty. Fuck the headlights...just want to hang out with someone and party.
                                I am somewhat task oriented but hanging out still sounds fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X