Ford Flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Flex

Anyone have any experience with these? pros / cons any insight is appreciated.

I accidentally rented one, I thought I was getting an Edge and they put me in a Flex. Very roomy, it's pretty big inside. Nice and comfy. I thought it was cool vehicle, my Sister bought one, 3 years and no issues.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It was close race between one of those and a 2016 Explorer for my wife. The explorer with a cheap lease won. I love the Flwx, cool vehicle.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Do the water pump at 60k or else.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I think they are serverly underrated vehicles. I rented one a couple of years ago, plenty of room, good power, I don't think it's a bad looking vehicle either.

Comment

There are 3 houses in my neighborhood that I pass by regularly and there are 2 Ford Flexes sitting in the driveway, one is my neighbor. Must mean something if people are buying them in paors.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Do the water pump at 60k or else.
              Yes, that engine can have water pump issues, but compared to how many of those engines are on the road, it's a small, small number that have problems. Our 2010 Edge lost the water pump on the way to Omaha a few summers ago. My wife was driving it with the boys heading to a baseball tournament while I was out of town. It lost a head gasket and the motor was gone. We had just over 100K on the engine. I found a used one with 24K miles for $850. It wasn't that much more to have it swapped than what replacing the water pump would have been. I'll take the risk again and again.

Comment

Anything with the 3.5 and 3.7 and the internal waterpump is a crapshoot.
                Two weeks ago my 11 Edge (that has been well maintained) lost the waterpump and therefore the engine when we were on a roadtrip to New Orleans.
                Stupid design. I'm betting that in the near future there will be enough incidents like mine to trigger a class action.

Comment

I'm waiting for it to hit my explorer. 100K miles and i don't baby it my any measure. At the same time I've already figured I won't replace it until it strands me so it would be a good excuse to buy if it happens soon.

Comment

Any specific years or options that are especially prone to this?

Comment

The seats suck and the interior is cheap. They're pretty quick with the ecoboost and a tune, though.

Comment

We've had one for 4 years and love it. Tons of room for kids and plenty more if you fold down all seats. I like the looks of them, basically it's a minivan without the shame normally associated with a minivan. We have not had a single maintenance issue with ours and the wife has already said she'd like another if this one craps out.
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

No personal experience with them but I really dig them. Especially the EcoBoost models with AWD.

Comment

We have had 2 with no problems. Wife loves driving them. The 18 Durango came out with the srt frontend and we went with that. I would of loved a flex with ecoboost. 365hp awd.

Comment

I believe the engines are the 2010 and up 3.5 Duratec. They possibly were in earlier years.

My 2011 Taurus which I have taken very good care of blew its water pump at 88K. I got lucky in that I had just entered my work parking lot when the fans went 100% and I shut it down fast. Repair bill was $900.

I’m selling it this spring and Ford is forever losing me as a customer, what a terrible and unsafe design.

Toyota Camry, please take me back.

Comment

Working...
                              X