DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Food

Food Future Poop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2016, 05:53 PM   #41
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post

Taco Naan ( indian tacos, weird, right? ) is actually pretty decent in Coppell.
I pass that place every day, just never pulled the trigger. I'm curious how the Indian is there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:07 PM   #42
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I pass that place every day, just never pulled the trigger. I'm curious how the Indian is there.
I work 1.5 miles or so away off Bethel. . It's $1 tacos on Wednesday. If you bring a receipt back you get 1 free taco if you buy 3. They will generally give you a free taco to "try" if you get 3 other taco's. The Chicken Curry Taco was pretty decent, but it was a little too spicy for me.

They don't have traditional Indian food, just Mexican/Indian hybrid type stuff.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:37 PM   #43
Chili
Joe Blow
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1975
Location: Euless
Posts: 24,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
I work 1.5 miles or so away off Bethel. . It's $1 tacos on Wednesday. If you bring a receipt back you get 1 free taco if you buy 3. They will generally give you a free taco to "try" if you get 3 other taco's. The Chicken Curry Taco was pretty decent, but it was a little too spicy for me.

They don't have traditional Indian food, just Mexican/Indian hybrid type stuff.
Fusion?
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:06 AM   #44
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Fusion?
I do drive a Fusion! Nice guess!I like Hybrid better.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:51 PM   #45
Silverback
Bourbon and 'Lacs
 
Silverback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: #brokesohard
Posts: 18,417
Default

several of us went today to Taco Naan for $1 tacos.

I had the curry chicken, chicken 65, paneer, and chicken tikka masala.

All were great, and for a buck each i'll be back every wednesday
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #46
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
several of us went today to Taco Naan for $1 tacos.

I had the curry chicken, chicken 65, paneer, and chicken tikka masala.

All were great, and for a buck each i'll be back every wednesday
I told you!
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #47
Scott Mc
Outcast
 
Scott Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,330
Default

Burritos Locos on NW highway in Grapevine is damned good also.
Scott Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:00 PM   #48
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Mc View Post
Burritos Locos on NW highway in Grapevine is damned good also.
Their taco's are a bit too greasy for me.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #49
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,468
Default

We had Tacodeli catered into work today. Not street tacos, but some pretty fucking delicious food.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #50
Scott Mc
Outcast
 
Scott Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,330
Default

Grease is good for you! That's a new one, noted.
Scott Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #51
Stephen
RESIDENT RICER
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 12,694
Default

La Unica in Frisco is good
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:26 PM   #52
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10,740
Default

Chitos off 75 in Plano used to be excellent and $1. Haven't been for a few years though.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #53
4bangen
©4bangen©
 
4bangen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,776
Default

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't get the whole street taco thing. I think they are small, bland, and frankly awful. Why do I want to spend $8 on 3 bites of shitty dry corn tortilla, a few crumbs of meat, and a shit ton of cilantro?

I live in Denton and used to work off the square. Friggen street taco's everywhere. In my opinion it's just another thing people only like because they think it makes them look cool.
__________________
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:10 AM   #54
Gasser64
Lifer
 
Gasser64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,554
Default

Maybe those you've tried just suck. I've encountered a couple that I'd say are easily better than taco bell or taco bueno. I think a big part of their appeal is just to people who are near there and don't feel like driving far to get some food.
__________________
WAAAHH HA HA HA HAAAA!!!
Gasser64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #55
juiceweezl
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,511
Default

Tranky's in Garland. Go try them.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #56
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't get the whole street taco thing. I think they are small, bland, and frankly awful. Why do I want to spend $8 on 3 bites of shitty dry corn tortilla, a few crumbs of meat, and a shit ton of cilantro?

I live in Denton and used to work off the square. Friggen street taco's everywhere. In my opinion it's just another thing people only like because they think it makes them look cool.
That's the problem right there....denton square.

If you get street tacos at a hipster joint they are certainly overpriced and maybe bland.

If you go to a taqueria they're like $1 each, and decent flavor. They're never going to be the Americanized over flavored tacobell taco...but some seasoned meat, cilantro, onions and a spray of lime can be really good. And most taguerias have great salsa options.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #57
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangen View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't get the whole street taco thing. I think they are small, bland, and frankly awful. Why do I want to spend $8 on 3 bites of shitty dry corn tortilla, a few crumbs of meat, and a shit ton of cilantro?

I live in Denton and used to work off the square. Friggen street taco's everywhere. In my opinion it's just another thing people only like because they think it makes them look cool.
You've lost your goddamned mind. And if you're paying $8 for 3 tacos, you need a new taco joint. If you can't see the pure joy in al pastor tacos on some greasy ass corn tortillas with onions and cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and drizzled with hot sauce, then you're an incredibly flawed human being.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #58
juiceweezl
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
You've lost your goddamned mind. And if you're paying $8 for 3 tacos, you need a new taco joint. If you can't see the pure joy in al pastor tacos on some greasy ass corn tortillas with onions and cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and drizzled with hot sauce, then you're an incredibly flawed human being.
haha Couldn't have said it better myself. Al pastor tacos are where it's at. That was one of my faves on my trip to Nica. We need to do a food run one weekend with a bunch of us from here.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #59
chuckacosta
Lifer
 
chuckacosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: El Paso
Posts: 4,171
Default

It was said earlier but El Paisanos in Dallas near Love Field is the shit. It's where that infamous late night Youtube fight broke out a couple years ago. Lol
chuckacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #60
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people
 
lincolnboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Making Caking, Wyoming
Posts: 3,457
Default

Let's see if I spell it right.
Torta are the shit. I rather have one of those Mexican sammiches
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dog meat food, ground up cats, naynay has hooker kiosk, rat meat street taco, svo invented pink taco

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.