Venison Chili recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison Chili recipe?

Anyone have a good one they have tried and recommend? Ive had this venison meat in the freezer for about a month now and Im craving chili! I found a bunch of recipes online, but would rather find something already tried.

Haven't tried them but here a few on Food Network. Just have to read through the reviews to get an idea of which ones might be good.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

venison chili needs additional fat. beef, duck, bacon grease, or butter... something, anything! it's good but a bit to too lean/dry otherwise IMO.

personally i like beans with venison chili. helps the texture
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
        venison chili needs additional fat. beef, duck, bacon grease, or butter... something, anything! it's good but a bit to too lean/dry otherwise IMO.

personally i like beans with venison chili. helps the texture
        Ill give that a shot, no beans in my chili though

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
          Ill give that a shot, no beans in my chili though
          yea, typically i'm the same way, i prefer no beans. after making it though i felt like it needed something but i didn't add fat.
          let me know what you do and if it's good. i still have plenty of venison.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

yea, typically i'm the same way, i prefer no beans. after making it though i felt like it needed something but i didn't add fat.
            let me know what you do and if it's good. i still have plenty of venison.
            I have about 50lbs left over still, so plenty of experimenting to do. Now I just have to find a good venison steak recipe to use. Got about 20lbs of that stuff lol

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              I have about 50lbs left over still, so plenty of experimenting to do. Now I just have to find a good venison steak recipe to use. Got about 20lbs of that stuff lol
              I made a venison tenderloin roast with a pomegranate reduction. It was damn good.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I made a venison tenderloin roast with a pomegranate reduction. It was damn good.
                This. Any reduction type sauce will help if you're not big on the gamey flavor of venison. Sweet sauces help counteract that as well.

Personally, I cook backstrap the same way I'd cook a filet. Salt, pepper, EVOO, and a pat of butter the second it comes off the grill. But I don't mind the gamey taste, either.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  This. Any reduction type sauce will help if you're not big on the gamey flavor of venison. Sweet sauces help counteract that as well.

Personally, I cook backstrap the same way I'd cook a filet. Salt, pepper, EVOO, and a pat of butter the second it comes off the grill. But I don't mind the gamey taste, either.
                  Yea, I wound up using the reduction very sparingly. The tenderloin didn't have much gameyness to it to my surprise. Makes me regret making a spice rub for it, but DAMN, fresh toasted & ground cumin + pomegranate + venison = good combo!

I still have more tenderloin and backstrap left so ill try it with salt/pepper.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                  X