Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    I drove over to JW's house and had him weld my handle for me. I used the LMR e-brake cables and a SN95 (I think) adjuster. I now have my own welder so you're welcome to bring your handle to my house and I'll hook you up.
    I might take you up on that, not that I don't have my own welder, but to check out the notch.

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
      I might take you up on that, not that I don't have my own welder, but to check out the notch.
      Sure man, we can make that happen.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• So I haven't updated this in a long time, and didn't really drive the car at all for over a year. Well I finally got off my ass and worked on the tune with the help of some fine members over on stangnet.

We finally got it to idle nice and smooth, as well as run right for the first time completely since I did the HCI and MS2PNP. It actually has POWER now, and it's FUN to drive. I took it out for a spin last night and after loading a new tune with proper ignition curves it feels like a mustang with HCI should! There's still tons of things it needs but overall it's fun to drive now!

Stevo

Comment

• sweet!
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• That's awesome! Glad that you got off your ass and tuned the stang. I need to do the same and get my junk running again.

Comment

• Nice update!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Been driving it the last few days and overall I'm pretty happy with it. There's some squeaks and rattles, and I think part of it is the motor mounts are SHOT... so I'll need to get some new ones. It also has kind of a clunking sound/feel in the front brakes, like they move around too much in the caliper brackets or something? Almost like a full floating rotor when you are barely moving, like in a driveway or something. It's completely repeatable and most noticable at like 1-2 mph and stopping. These are the Cobra PBR brakes, is that normal?

I'm also looking at changing out the front seats from the SVE Series 1 seats which are pretty nice and a huge upgrade from the stock ones to the Corbeau Sportline Evolution X seats to try to sit a little lower, anyone have experience with those?

Stevo

Comment

• Went ahead and scored the Corbeau seats, I've got the SVE seats available now if anyone is interested let me know otherwise I'll post them up for sale in a week or so.

Stevo

Comment

• Are you still running the factory style mass air like pictured before or gone to something with a larger bore? Or is it now speed density with the megasquirt and can you dodtxh the maf all together for a piece of tubing?

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      Are you still running the factory style mass air like pictured before or gone to something with a larger bore? Or is it now speed density with the megasquirt and can you dodtxh the maf all together for a piece of tubing?
                      No, I switched it out to an Anderson 4" power pipe with no MAF. It's closed loop idle speed density.

Stevo

Comment

Went ahead and scored the Corbeau seats, I've got the SVE seats available now if anyone is interested let me know otherwise I'll post them up for sale in a week or so.

Man you have super nice interior! Rare on old foxes these days!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Man you have super nice interior! Rare on old foxes these days!
                          Thanks but it still needs plenty... The seat belt plastics are all cracked and don't hold them up like they should, ashtray door is busted but I'll swap in a cup holder unit instead and replace the arm rest. The sill plates under the doors are all scraped up and need to be refinished as well. It needs a better steering wheel and the trim around the cluster needs to be replaced with the older unit to match (plus mine's cracked at mounting points). And the back set upholstery is trash, I'll likley recover it with the Corbeau vinyl or cloth at some point. It could also use new carpet too, but I'm not going to stress over that any time soon.

Stevo

Comment

Thanks but it still needs plenty... The seat belt plastics are all cracked and don't hold them up like they should, ashtray door is busted but I'll swap in a cup holder unit instead and replace the arm rest. The sill plates under the doors are all scraped up and need to be refinished as well. It needs a better steering wheel and the trim around the cluster needs to be replaced with the older unit to match (plus mine's cracked at mounting points). And the back set upholstery is trash, I'll likley recover it with the Corbeau vinyl or cloth at some point. It could also use new carpet too, but I'm not going to stress over that any time soon.
                            Ive got a guy that works out of his house that could match the back seat to the fronts, he's super picky about his work.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              Ive got a guy that works out of his house that could match the back seat to the fronts, he's super picky about his work.
                              Cool, I'll keep it in mind... doesn't sound cheap though. Not that I'm trying to be cheap with it anymore but I've just got some other things that will take priority I think.

Stevo

Comment

• So I took the fox for the 100 mile round trip to Summit and back today to get a Momo steering wheel and hub. I went with the Monte Carlo and it's fantastic... other than it being too small. I got he smaller 12.5" one instead of the 13.7" because I wanted it to be easier to get in and out of the car, well, holding it up where it will bolt on I knew I'd regret it as it blocks my view of the gauges so tomorrow I'll exchange it for the larger one. My seat tracks also showed up today so they are all installed now and man is it awesome! Can't wait to drive it with the new seats and wheel, but it will have to be tomorrow.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X