2015 Formula 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by momo View Post
    almost every other racing series i watch now is better.
    What series are those?

Imo Indy is better, but im not much into circle tracks so i dont watch those races. Motogp has surely been better.

Comment

• i dig GT car racing best.

World Endurance Championship.
      Doesn't have that many events on the calendar but i've watched them all since last year. Watched ~19 hours of this past 24 hours of le mans. The prototype (LMP1) cars here are pretty spectacular and really do push new technology but I like the fight shaping up with the GT manufacturers. Ferrari, Porsche, and Aston. Then mix in Corvette during the 24 hour race, add Ford (and McLaren?) next year?

Tudor United Sports Car Championship.
      US series. Usually shorter endurance racing, really more like 2-6 hour sprint but typically provide for some very close good racing. Though i'm not a fan of our prototype classes, I like the GT cars here. good mix of Corvette, Viper, porsche, bmw and audi. I lump the 24 hours of daytona (aka Rolex 24 hour) in with this despite it's a stand alone event.

Pirelli World Challenge.
      I love this series and will be watching more. It's like american gt car racing at it's best.

DTM.
      This is fun but very different as it only looks like GT cars but totally not. It's shells over carbon fiber monocoques. It feels like formula 1 budgets. dig the aero and the talent. offers exciting racing.

Porsche Supercup.
      super competitive singe make race.

Blancpain GT series.
      dont know much about this but seen this a few times on like CBS sports. has cool GT cars like lambos and bentleys.

GP2.
      open wheel series directly beneath F1 but sounds better and less stupid rules. much more pure racing. see young talented drivers before they get and ego!
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• i was working then thought of f1 and got angry.

how fucking inept is honda?
        how stupid is mclaren?

what is manor's purpose in f1 at this point? just milk out the year by running 3 laps back and cash out at the end of the year?
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• There is a report from a german newspaper that has Ferrari offering Valteri bottas a 4 million euro contract with a 15 million euro buyout of his 2016 contract with williams.

Also says that williams would pursue Nico hulkenberg to replace his seat. Ferrari isn't an option because Ferrari doesn't want two german drivers .
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Nascar @ road course, best shit ever.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
              i dig GT car racing best.

World Endurance Championship.
              Doesn't have that many events on the calendar but i've watched them all since last year. Watched ~19 hours of this past 24 hours of le mans. The prototype (LMP1) cars here are pretty spectacular and really do push new technology but I like the fight shaping up with the GT manufacturers. Ferrari, Porsche, and Aston. Then mix in Corvette during the 24 hour race, add Ford (and McLaren?) next year?

Tudor United Sports Car Championship.
              US series. Usually shorter endurance racing, really more like 2-6 hour sprint but typically provide for some very close good racing. Though i'm not a fan of our prototype classes, I like the GT cars here. good mix of Corvette, Viper, porsche, bmw and audi. I lump the 24 hours of daytona (aka Rolex 24 hour) in with this despite it's a stand alone event.

Pirelli World Challenge.
              I love this series and will be watching more. It's like american gt car racing at it's best.

DTM.
              This is fun but very different as it only looks like GT cars but totally not. It's shells over carbon fiber monocoques. It feels like formula 1 budgets. dig the aero and the talent. offers exciting racing.

Porsche Supercup.
              super competitive singe make race.

Blancpain GT series.
              dont know much about this but seen this a few times on like CBS sports. has cool GT cars like lambos and bentleys.

GP2.
              open wheel series directly beneath F1 but sounds better and less stupid rules. much more pure racing. see young talented drivers before they get and ego!
              WEC, GP2, and World Challenge are about as good as it gets to me right now. Let's not be ridiculous, though, those GP2 drivers have all of the ego of an F1 driver and probably have since the were shoved in a kart at age 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Nascar @ road course, best shit ever.
                Was about to say the Sprint Cup race is at Sonoma this weekend. The last road course race in 2014 was probably the best race of the season. I'm pulling for the #47 and #78 cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  Was about to say the Sprint Cup race is at Sonoma this weekend. The last road course race in 2014 was probably the best race of the season. I'm pulling for the #47 and #78 cars.
                  Allmendinger isn't a bad pick. He's been good at road courses with his prior cart background.
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Williams has to be kicking themselves after that fantastic start and not even be on the podium. Yea rain also affected the outcome, but wow.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Good chaos.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Oh yea, no Germany this year. So next up Hungary, which I'll be at!
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Then the summer break.
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Finally we had another entertaining race... I was hoping Massa would pull it off though.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Pretty disappointed to see Williams find themselves in that predicament. They did the "sporting" thing by letting it play out, but Bottas was quicker at that point and could have opened up a gap over Massa/Hamilton to at least give Williams a shot at a podium, even if not a win.

Comment

• RIP Jules Bianchi.

I'm in tears now.
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                                X