No announcement yet.

Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried larceny? I had a bottle last weekend and it was pretty good, and only 23 with tax for a 750

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      Anyone tried larceny? I had a bottle last weekend and it was pretty good, and only 23 with tax for a 750
      It's been my go-to cheap bottle recently, I'm a fan.

Comment

• Highland Park 18

Comment

• Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          Highland Park 18
          Oh! Heaven.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            Anyone tried larceny? I had a bottle last weekend and it was pretty good, and only 23 with tax for a 750
            2012 GT500

Comment

• Gonna throw this out there as a warning. Do not think that anything labeled "smoked maple" will be good. Luckily I was only out $3. This stuff is so sweet and thick/oily tasting that I had to mix it with another whiskey... and even then it was only decent.

Sweet Jesus, just no.

Comment

• Duly noted.

David

Comment

• I am now officially a Bullitt bourbon fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    I am now officially a Bullitt bourbon fan.
                    Bulleit Rye and Bulleit 10 yr are two staples over here.

Comment

• I'm drowning in a whiskey river,
                      Bathing my memoried mind in the wetness of its soul.
                      Feeling the amber current flowin' from my mind

Comment

• As I lay here on the floor due to a lower back that said "fuck you, you can't do shit today" I will do OK my best to talk about my trip to Nashville in November. I went to the Green Briar distillery on a whim. I love the story but I can't say the same for the booze. [URL="http:// http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrSbnlUMIBWDqQARO1x.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTByb2lvbXV uBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1451270356/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.greenbrierdistillery.com%2f/RK=0/RS=0Kc8KSQVSfvT_m4irmbku3SYklA-"]

Edit:my link is bad, those are hard to do on my tablet, my y computer is out of reach right now.

Its ok, I'm probably spoiled by the smoothness of TX though. The story is very similar to the Rahr Brewery story, so I brought home a bottle. If one of you with a more distinguished pallette Bawant to try some let me know.

Comment

• Comment

• I just learned at a hotel bar that "bourbon means it was in the keg for at least two years" and that there are people in this world who, rather than try something new, would rather leave the building and walk somewhere else because there's no Crown Royal.

Also, these drink kits aren't bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I just learned at a hotel bar that "bourbon means it was in the keg for at least two years" and that there are people in this world who, rather than try something new, would rather leave the building and walk somewhere else because there's no Crown Royal.

Also, these drink kits aren't bad.

Hey...you cant hate on loyalty to the old faithful. Id rather that then get to wait behind some hipster looking over a 300 item menu before i can order.

And its good to know those little kits arent bad. I almost bought a few to pass out around christmas, but wasnt sure about them and didnt have time to test. They dont include the minis right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                They dont include the minis right?
                                Correct. The old fashioned is a bit of a pain the ass. The "raw" sugar doesnt dissolve and you can't crush it well in a plastic cup. Still not bad though. I grabbed on of the Moscow Mule kits also, but haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X