Rangers 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers 2015

So 2014 was pitiful but 2015 looks exciting already. The Rangers have worked out a deal with Mike Maddux and should be official tomorrow. For some reason they brought Dave Magadan back and Buechele is going to be the bench coach. Gary Pettis went to Houston so we need a 3rd base coach now.

The free agent market is pretty nice this year with 3 potential aces available in Lester, Sherzer and Shields. Russel Martin and Victor Cruz at catcher and Nelly is taking offers. Nick Markakis, Nori Aoki and Torii Hunter are also free agents and would be relatively cheap compared to Rios or Cruz.

We are offering Lewis a contract obviously. Darvish isn't going anywhere, Holland is healthy, we have the two Nicks to choose from, Perez should be back early next year and we have several arms ready to make the big leagues. That and Daniels is already talking to the Phillies about Hamels and I'm sure Lee but I'm not too excited about either of those.

A healthy Choo, followed by Elvis, Martin, Fielder, Beltre, dare I say Cruz, Smolinksi, Odor/Profar and Chirinos would be a great lineup. Mix in Gallo and someone else with power and speed and it's a winner for sure.

There are also a ton of decent relievers available to go with Feliz, Patton, Cotts, Baker, Ogando and Ross. Plus whoever shows up in spring training. Chi Chi and Luke Jackson should definitely make an impression.

They would have been contenders if they didn't have to resort to starting Arlington High's JV baseball team.

Comment

I'm excited for next year. Plus I read a few things that said the new coach from Pittsburgh is a very good choice.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
        I'm excited for next year. Plus I read a few things that said the new coach from Pittsburgh is a very good choice.
        I really wish we would have waited a week and at least talked to Maddon but I'm sure the Cubs would have outbid us anyway. Anyone is going to be an improvement over a disgruntled and distracted Warsh though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I really wish we would have waited a week and at least talked to Maddon but I'm sure the Cubs would have outbid us anyway. Anyone is going to be an improvement over a disgruntled and distracted Warsh though.
          It says something when he left and the team played so much better without him. Its not like the new guy changed things, basically used the same lineup
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

The Rangers payroll is getting kinda high, so I do not expect a BIG free agent signing.
            Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
              The Rangers payroll is getting kinda high, so I do not expect a BIG free agent signing.
              True and $13 million of that is going to Harrison, who may never play again. In that case there is insurance against him. With what's on the team right now they are around $133 million, that's basically the 40 man roster today. A lot of those players are under minor league contracts though so it doesn't really count towards the current "budget".

They are pretty high but the Angels, Yankees and obviously the Dodgers are still blowing them away. Of course the owners want to keep payroll in check but the Fox TV contract and Globe Life deals aren't figured into the budget either. That and they aren't completely remodeling the ballpark this offseason.

So basically in 2015 they could spend $50 million more on payroll and still have about the same bottom line as 2014. Which amazingly enough would put them just below the luxury tax threshold. They'll be in on the talks with Sherzer and Lester but not seriously, let the LA teams blow their wad on them.

Yasmani Tomas and Kenta Maeda are more Daniel's speed. That and he probably has a Cespedes poster on his bedroom wall and the Red Sox really want to dump him. Then the Dodgers really wouldn't mind dumping Puig either. I see us picking up one of the big Cubans somehow and obviously we love Japanese pitchers.

We also have a top 4 draft pick next season.

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                It says something when he left and the team played so much better without him. Its not like the new guy changed things, basically used the same lineup
                Small sample sizes in extraordinary situations say nothing about anything.

Comment

If Choo,Fielder, and Andrus don't start living up to their bloated contracts..the Rangers will be another disaster next season.

Comment

Rangers games will be back on 105.3 this season. I'm glad, 103.3 has a shitty signal.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                      Rangers games will be back on 105.3 this season. I'm glad, 103.3 has a shitty signal.
                      Here in Waco they get bumped for Baylor softball games. I really wish WBAP still carried them.

Comment

Bogar ended up in the Angels front office and Michael Young is now a special assistant to JD.
                        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                          Sweet, yes you can barely hear 103.3 in South Grand Prairie.
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                            Bogar ended up in the Angels front office and Michael Young is now a special assistant to JD.
                            Bogar isn't really a surprise. Obviously he doesn't bring any on the field talent but he's very familiar with our scouting reports. That and I'm sure he picked up some tips from Warsh about how to deal with Hamilton and CJ.

The Angels also just completely blew through their international bonus pool by signing Roberto Baldoquin for $8 million. Meaning they get a 100% luxury tax on anything they spend now and probably won't be able to pick up any more players internationally for a couple of seasons but they can spend as much as they want this go round. They'll probably be picking up Tomas and any other international free agents they can get a phone number for.

Kyle Seager won the AL 3B Gold Glove btw, no love for Beltre.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Bogar isn't really a surprise. Obviously he doesn't bring any on the field talent but he's very familiar with our scouting reports. That and I'm sure he picked up some tips from Warsh about how to deal with Hamilton and CJ.

The Angels also just completely blew through their international bonus pool by signing Roberto Baldoquin for $8 million. Meaning they get a 100% luxury tax on anything they spend now and probably won't be able to pick up any more players internationally for a couple of seasons but they can spend as much as they want this go round. They'll probably be picking up Tomas and any other international free agents they can get a phone number for.

Kyle Seager won the AL 3B Gold Glove btw, no love for Beltre.
                              If you look at his numbers this year compared to Beltre he did beat him. Seager had less errors, more assist, more double play balls, and had a higher fielding percentage.

Beltre - Put Outs - 144 / Assist - 206 / Errors -12 / Double Plays - 25 / Fielding Percentage - . 967

Seager - Put Outs -87 / Assist - 327 / Errors - 8 / Double Plays - 36 / Fielding Percentafe - .981

So I'll give it to him.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                              X