DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Picture and Video Post Forum

Picture and Video Post Forum Amusing and Photoshopped Pics.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #51001
yellowstang
Lifer

Yeah, don't put it by the house. I have a home depot bucket I throw the bags of dog poop in, this is over that area.
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #51002
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You can get them at Home Depot, they work but they begin to smell absolutely terrible.. you can spray the actual bag with insecticide and when they land on it, they die.. wait until maggots start breeding inside lol

I feel like they kinda do work, but also attract more flies to the area as they smell like a dead animal.
That's why you put them far away, like on the fence close to you asshole neighbor's house.
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #51003
CJ
User is editing post

A nice 55 evening.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #51004
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
A nice 55 evening.
Where is that? I need to be there.

I was in Alberta last week - it was fucking amazing

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-19-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #51005
CJ
User is editing post

That's badass, shit.

I'm about 300' away from the north entrance to Yellowstone.

Surprisingly, most of the lakes here don't have that beautiful blue hue. I saw that in the hoh rain forest (which by the way, is badass) but most lakes here have a brown color, I'm guessing due to the volcanic activity?

Here's the broke dick waterfalls I'm working with:

Alberta looks very similar to Bavaria

Last edited by CJ; 06-18-2018 at 09:47 PM.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #51006
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
That's badass, shit.

I'm about 300' away from the north entrance to Yellowstone.

Surprisingly, most of the lakes here don't have that beautiful blue hue. I saw that in the house rain forest, but most lakes here have a brown color, I'm guessing due to the volcanic activity?

Here's the broke dick waterfalls I'm working with:
The blue is due to "rock flour." Basically super, uber ground up rock from glacial movement - it's caught up in the spring runoff. Shallow and moving bodies look light blue and cloudy (like the pic of Johnston Canyon Falls), deeper bodies get that rich hue (Lake Louise, Peyto Lake, etc). All the lakes up there have that color, and it's literally breathtaking to see in person. I've never seen such a rich color in real life before.
Got to see some elk and black bear pretty damn close too (could have thrown a rock and hit)... not in season and the pics weren't clear though

Yellowstone is on my list. Soon, hopefully. I'm headed to the Grand Canyon this Thursday, but no waterfalls there.

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-18-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #51007
CJ
User is editing post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
The blue is due to "rock flour." Basically super, uber ground up rock from glacial movement. It's caught up in the spring runoff. All the lakes up there have that color, and it's literally breathtaking to see in person. I've never seen such a rich color in real life before.

Yellowstone is on my list. Soon, hopefully. I'm headed to the Grand Canyon this Thursday. No waterfalls there
Yeah but the most impressive hole in the ground. I hiked the basin once, the Colorado is epic. One day I want to take a canoe down it.

Learn something new everyday. I guess that's why quarries are so blue? In Bavaria, the water is green due to limestone. Beautiful.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #51008
CJ
User is editing post

And my wife wishes she was there now.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:02 PM   #51009
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
I hiked the basin once, the Colorado is epic. One day I want to take a canoe down it.
Last time I touched the Colorado was near Hanging Lake.

An old friend of mine was a river guide on the Colorado for a couple summers - told me to let him know when I was ready for a multiweek trip. Oldschool DFWS gtg?

Old 06-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #51010
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

alberta in may

dsrtuckteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #51011
CJ
User is editing post

That is badass. What a great trip. Did you rent a bike? Man, must have been cold as balls.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #51012
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
alberta in may
There are times in my life that I really wish I had gotten into motorcycles earlier. It's generally been a combination of the times after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and when I see pics like that.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #51013
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

Quote:
That is badass. What a great trip. Did you rent a bike? Man, must have been cold as balls.
i did. flew into boise and rode all over idaho, western montana, british columbia and alberta. scouting out a new place to live. weather was actually nice. that pic was at 9:30 ish at night, that lake had a bunch of frozen patches the next morning.

Quote:
There are times in my life that I really wish I had gotten into motorcycles earlier. It's generally been a combination of after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and when I see pics like that.
i've only traveled a small fraction of the u.s on a bike, but there's no better way imo. doing a new mexico, grand canyon up into utah and colorado trip in october
Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #51014
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
doing a new mexico, grand canyon up into utah and colorado trip in october
I'll post up some South Rim pics next week to inspire you... and I'll live vicariously though you.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:21 PM   #51015
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

Quote:
I'll post up some South Rim pics next week to inspire you... and I'll live vicariously though you.
please do. any of you guys heard of the painted desert? ive seen pics and it must be incredible
Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #51016
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

Quote:
There are times in my life that I really wish I had gotten into motorcycles earlier. It's generally been a combination of the times after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and when I see pics like that.
btw, its NEVER too late. i know you and your old lady arent interested in kids, yall could have a real blast doing it.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:28 PM   #51017
CJ
User is editing post

Quote:
please do. any of you guys heard of the painted desert? ive seen pics and it must be incredible
I've only passed through. It's on my list to wheel with my next rig. Every place I have the opportunity to visit is special in its own way, which is what keeps me going. The views of the Swiss alps, the crystal clear water of crescent lake, the acrid smell of geysers at Yellowstone, etc. I just want to see it all, and enjoy it with friends and family. Glad I'm not alone!
Old 06-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #51018
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

Quote:
I've only passed through. It's on my list to wheel with my next rig. Every place I have the opportunity to visit is special in its own way, which is what keeps me going. The views of the Swiss alps, the crystal clear water of crescent lake, the acrid smell of geysers at Yellowstone, etc. I just want to see it all, and enjoy it with friends and family. Glad I'm not alone!
right there with you brother. 29 years in dfw and im ready to get out. i was in yellowstone many years ago as an early teen with my family. i remember big horn sheep climbing near vertical cliff sides, wild bison coming right up to the car, old faithful, grand tetons, white water rafting in jackson hole. youre in the right place!
Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #51019
CJ
User is editing post

Quote:
right there with you brother. 29 years in dfw and im ready to get out. i was in yellowstone many years ago as an early teen with my family. i remember big horn sheep climbing near vertical cliff sides, wild bison coming right up to the car, old faithful, grand tetons, white water rafting in jackson hole. youre in the right place!
I was in Jackson Hole last night, and I can attest that is one of the most quaint and impressive little mountain towns I've seen. Wonderful place worthy of it's own trip. Visit Bubba's for dinner.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #51020
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
I was in Jackson Hole last night, and I can attest that is one of the most quaint and impressive little mountain towns I've seen. Wonderful place worthy of it's own trip. Visit Bubba's for dinner.
You're close to my hood. If you are anywhere near the west entrance of Yellowstone I'd highly recommend camping around Henry's lake. Everywhere around that area is picturesque.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aloha armbar, bcoop loves arbys, bcoop loves fags, cocklover, cooter has a cooter, cooter is a gunt lover, cosmic fuzz, denny is supa cop, dutch rudder, fuck this thread, i miss jkd :(, ilovecow, jkd #1 car pic post, jkd was a fag, naynay loves cock, new tag time?, new tagzzz!!, rip mike, svo #1 bro of bros, svo invented pichurs, svo scoreboards, svo taged your mom, tag your it, tags died with mikec, wild bill wuz here