DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #21
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Weird. Did she try and represent herself the first go around? Usually if a spouse cheats that's a free ticket for custody and child support.
In Texas, I thought that wasn't grounds; at least for divorce.
line-em-up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #22
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
^^^^^
u bitter bro?
Not at all, I have never been married much less divorced.

I am a keen observer of the world around me and normally hear these kind of stories from men.

FYI for any of you broads that are posting here or reading this; Texas Family Courts could give a shit if your man was sticking his dick in someone else while the two of you were together.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #23
The King
Lifer

Probably not many broads on here other than magnus and naynay.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #24
Craizie
Cracka

Quote:
You misspelled bitches.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #25
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Speaking of Naynay, does anyone know if his wife cheated on him with a white guy or a black guy? Do black guys get as pissed about their old ladies cheating on them with a white dude as white dudes get pissed about their old lady cheating with a black dude?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #26
davbrucas
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
Alimony? Hardly. She's a single mom forced to pay child support to her ex and his new wife.

She's definitely not some drunk/methhead/shithead/otherhead. She's an accountant, they have a kid, he cheated on her, they got divorced. Don't know all the details of the first round, but along the way she got a chance to do some contract work on the side to make more money. Her ex and his new attorney/wife decided to take her W9/1099 wages from a year of that temporary contracting and use it as the basis to argue that she was making so much money that he needed her support. Somehow they won that appeal.

And as with all contracting gigs, when it's up it's up. She doesn't have that income anymore, but the judge didn't care that it would not be a permanent thing.

She is not allowed to live anywhere other than Melissa ISD (population 4,700) lest she lose more custody, the housing situation in Melissa is less than ideal, and there are hardly any apartments there. Per the ruling, she's also not allowed to have a roommate, and she must live in dwelling with at least a 2 bedrooms - which she can't afford on her own due to him sucking on her wallet - so she's had to move back in with her parents. She's also required to pay for their son's medical insurance, dental insurance, etc.

Good enough?

Sounds like what hundreds of men go through in divorces...especially in Texas. Good for the ex husband.

But, thereís more to the story than what sheís telling you. There always is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
davbrucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #27
kingjason
Notorious PIG

It is only on very rare occasion in my experience that the male gets the child unless there are other issues.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #28
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
It is only on very rare occasion in my experience that the male gets the child unless there are other issues.
My buddy is a Jamaican guy with dreadlocks and he has custody of his kid, the mom is white.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #29
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
In Texas, I thought that wasn't grounds; at least for divorce.
I believe you are correct, unless the kid was "abandoned" during a booty call:
Quote:
Adultery can indirectly impact child custody or visitation, however, if a spouse abandoned the children while having the affair.
https://www.divorcenet.com/resources...rce-texas.html
SS Junk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
it's getting more common, as is 50/50 custody with no child support.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #31
Shaggin Wagon
Shaggin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
it's getting more common, as is 50/50 custody with no child support.
Shit, maybe I need to drag the ex back to court and get this deal.
Shaggin Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #32
cobrajet69
EVERY day is.............

Sorry to hear that Matt.

My wife hired a guy who was pretty much a pitbull in family law. His name is James (Jim) Stephenson but he moved to Decatur shortly after she hired him. I donít know if he can work in that area or not but it might be worth a phone call his phone number is 877-731-8683

Best of luck!

David
cobrajet69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #33
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
Shit, maybe I need to drag the ex back to court and get this deal.
It really is good for both parties, if you break it down and think about it. Equal time with the kids, equal time with both parents for the kids. If you have them every other week, neither parent needs the other to pay support, each provides half.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #34
Shaggin Wagon
Shaggin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
It really is good for both parties, if you break it down and think about it. Equal time with the kids, equal time with both parents for the kids. If you have them every other week, neither parent needs the other to pay support, each provides half.
I agree, I see my kids more than the allotted time at my daughters softball games and the such, and pay a gang of CS. May look into this...would benefit me more than her.
Shaggin Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #35
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX

Was she having to pay child support from the start? If so, and she took a side gig for extra money, did she not report that? If not, I could see why the court did not look at that favorably.
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #36
Chopped54
Growed Up Wrong

My mom was Kevin Fuller's first client out of law school, I used him when I fought for custody. I believe him and his firm to be the best in DFW.....
Old 06-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #37
bcoop
Lifer

Sorry to say that yes, all of that is very standard as far as orders go. Non custodial parent is responsible for 100% medical, dental, etc in addition to child support. Neither parent can move out of a bordering county but I've seen many times where a specific school district is named. She didn't report additional income, that's on her. Even if she did report it, it's income, therefore he gets his cut. The fact that the extra income isn't available anymore is irrelevant. She needs to get a second job. As someone else mentioned, him cheating has zero bearing on the way custody is viewed (nor should it). The 2 bedroom dwelling is also state law. You have to provide a bedroom for the child. I'm not saying she's not getting jerked around by the ex, but she is being treated exactly as fathers have been treated by Texas Family Courts for decades. That's just the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #38
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
The fact that the extra income isn't available anymore is irrelevant. She needs to get a second job.
Huh? That doesn't make sense to me at all, if it's a percentage of income, and the income drops, then the child support should also drop accordingly. What if the paying parent loses their good job in a shitty market, and can't find something that pays near the same? Or they have a sales job and commission is abysmal for a couple budgets? That person is meant to suffer, and be worse off than the deadbeat that's living off the tit?
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:09 PM   #39
03mustangdude
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
Huh? That doesn't make sense to me at all, if it's a percentage of income, and the income drops, then the child support should also drop accordingly. What if the paying parent loses their good job in a shitty market, and can't find something that pays near the same? Or they have a sales job and commission is abysmal for a couple budgets? That person is meant to suffer, and be worse off than the deadbeat that's living off the tit?

Usually averaged out for a certain period. It sucks that they chose that period of her pay but it happens
Old 06-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #40
bcoop
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I donít know how it works for commission pay. But Iím pretty sure youíre up shit creek. She can request a hearing, but itís up to the judge. Or she can request a review through CSRP (attorney general), but there is no guarantee it will be lowered. Itís all circumstantial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1-800-svo-wins, 20 yr old zr1 turd, a smart lawyer?rofl!!, a stripper is born, anthonys 4 dat 401k $$, anthonys shitty 401k, baby moma drama, i'll pay $1.72 to piitb, marry pattymelt, pattymelt side piece, side piece getn f$&ked?, svo jamaican me crazy, svo mentored perry mason, svo scored 172% on lsat, svo's your guy, svowillfuckherintosub, thread backfire