Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year ford ranger should I buy and motor choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4king View Post

The explorers came with a V8. What reason is a 3.0 Geo metro of pickups better than a loaded explorer
    they have a bed?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

1983 ftmfw!

Comment

I had a 3.0/Auto. That V6 was a piece of shit. Only engine I've ever had blow up on me. I would honestly look for a 4cyl manual if I were in that market again. Damn near indestructible. (so I hear)

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          need a truck and fuck that 5 cylinder Colorado
          I think you need my 2002 F-250 7.3L. Nothing works for shit but it will get you from point A to point B every time.

Comment

My dad bought a 91 4cyl ranger new off the showroom floor. That damn thing was put through hell with no love! It went through fences, mail boxes, concrete walls, changed the starter once, the plugs once, and a oil change ONCE. He sold it a few years ago with 300k on the clock for $3k to some Mexicans that were going to take it down to Mexico. It was a tough sumbitch but damn changing the plugs sucked!!! My swivels needed swivels!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              they have a bed?
              Is this the auto zone window licker?
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

4 cyl 5 speeds are damn tanks, and carry a hefty premium. The auto transmissions are weak on the v6 models imo. I had a 3.0 auto. I put 3 transmissions in it. Don't get me wrong, I beat on it, but, it was like the innards were all plastic.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Buy a 2000 year model, find a same year Mountaineer, PM Baba Ganoush and 5.0 swap the ho.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Is this the auto zone window licker?
                    um, yes?
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Had a 2006 4-cyl bare bones model with a manual, no complaints at all other than I think an extended cab model would have been even better.

Comment

My buddy has a 97 regular cab stepside he bought while we were in high school, has @ 335k on it now. 4 cyl, 5 speed, it's eaten a few throw out bearings and a slave cylinder or 2. We installed a used factory clutch I pulled from a customers truck when doing a slave cylinder replacement and they opted for a clutch at the same time. Later installed a centerforce clutch and Hurst Shifter after the clutch plate shit. It walked the differential pin out and shit the carrier so we did a rebuild with Richmond gears, Detroit Truetrac, and Moser Axles (he plans to build a motor at some point). And it's had random stuff like plugs, timing belts, water pumps, etc along the way. Modified a Pt Cruiser electric fan to replace the factory plastic unit when it cracked the center pretty bad. It got it's a\c compressor replaced at about 325k when the front seal shit.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          4 cyl 5 speeds are damn tanks, and carry a hefty premium. The auto transmissions are weak on the v6 models imo. I had a 3.0 auto. I put 3 transmissions in it. Don't get me wrong, I beat on it, but, it was like the innards were all plastic.
                          thanks

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X