Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Wings Recipe

Post em up..

I started using The Neelys spicy fried wings recipe recently.
    Substituted crushed red pepper flakes with our homemade grinned peppers.

Spicy Chicken Seasoning Ingredients:

* 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
    * 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
    * 2 teaspoons black pepper
    * 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
    * 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
    * 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper
    * 12 whole chicken wings, cut in 1/2 at the joint

Spicy Chicken Batter:

* 2 eggs
    * 2 tablespoons hot sauce
    * 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
    * 1 teaspoon black pepper
    * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * 2 cups all-purpose flour
    * Vegetable oil, to fry
    * Dipping Sauce, recipe follows

Directions

In a small bowl whisk together seasoning salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, cayenne pepper, poultry seasoning, and lemon pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons in a separate bowl.

Rinse chicken wings in cold water and place into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the wings evenly with the seasoning, and let them marinate, covered and chilled, for 1 hour.

Whisk eggs, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into a medium size mixing bowl. Reserve. Put the flour into a shallow dish or pie plate.

In a large deep-fryer or large Dutch oven heat oil to 350 degrees F on a deep-fat thermometer.

Dredge chicken wings into the egg mixture then into the flour. Place wings 3 at a time into the hot oil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Make sure oil returns to temperature before adding the next batch. Sprinkle the wings with the reserved seasoning for extra hot wings.

Serve with dipping sauce.

Spicy Dipping Sauce:

* 1 cup sour cream
    * 2 tablespoons horseradish
    * 1/4 tablespoon chili sauce
    * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

I am not a huge fan of buffalo wings, so I don't make them often. I usually do lemon pepper, asian, and garlic parm.

I haven't had time to come up with my own asian sauce, so I'll buy a bottle of whatever. Lemon pepper is self explanatory, as is garlic parm.

I'll add though, I stopped frying them. I cook them on the grill instead, then throw them in a ziploc bag or tupperware with a lid to toss in butter and seasoning.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I have recently been making them with a cuban mojo sauce. It is basically made with sour orange juice (or regular orange juice plus a bit of vinegar), lots of garlic, paprika, cumin and olive oil. I add some freshly sliced jalapeno or serrano pepper to mine to give it a little extra kick. It is more of a marinade than a sauce, with the wings cooked on the grill or broiled in the oven. Mojo is used primarily as a pork marinade, but I found it does well with chicken also. Recipes for mojo sauce can be found all over the net, and it seems every one of them is slightly different.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I like to do them on the grill and then use this sauce that I came up with. Painful but very tasty.

Ingredients
        • 4-6 lbs wings, winglets and drumettes separated
        • ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
        • 1/3 cup butter
        • 1/3 cup honey
        • ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
        • ½ tsp garlic powder
        • 1 tsp black pepper
        • 2 Tbsp ghost chili powder
        • 2 Tbsp habanero powder
        • 2 Tbsp cayenne powder
        • 1 tsp habanero extract concentrate sauce

Directions
        1. In a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
        2. Add more honey to taste if a sweeter sauce is desired.
        3. Grill the wings on medium heat until done.
        4. Toss the grilled wings in the sauce.
        5. Serve with ranch or bleu cheese if you want to tame the heat some.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I made some wings for Super Sunday. I got the sauce below from HEB. Tastes just like the asian zing at BW3's. Also tried the regular wing sauce from the same company, also pretty good.

Comment

Working...
          X