2nd Gen Raptor owners, I seek your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gen Raptor owners, I seek your opinions

So I'm looking at trading in my wife's Jeep for a new, or lightly used, Raptor. I've got a line on a 2018 Raptor and a new 2019 Raptor. The 2018 is loaded (but no Recaro's since they weren't available) it costs just under $60K with just over 12K miles. It also has FUEL wheels and TOYO MT 35" tires.

The new Raptor is a 2019 with the 802a package, panoramic moonroof, the stupidly overpriced rear decal, and not much else. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Sticker is just under $70K but they are offering to discount it to $63500.

I'm leaning towards the new one but just wanted to see if any Raptor owners had an opinion on these two.

I'm still considering a Gladiator Rubicon but the extra room in the Raptor will be better for me with my kid and his 100lb Lab. I'm going to use this truck as an overlanding rig. There are two downsides. One is, of course, it's damn expensive. I can afford it but it's still expensive. The other is also its size. While all that room is perfect for us, the overall size makes it harder to park in the garage and to get around on the trails. It'll literally be too wide for several trails. I'm planning to get a clear wrap on it to protect it from scratches.

I don't know shit about these trucks, but I'd get the new one if they were in the same ball park price wise.

Comment

Solid humble-brag, get the new one, and post pics.

Comment

Yea, I'm leaning that way at the moment.. I'll consider the used one if they come off the price by another $5K but I believe they've already discounted it by $3K. I think they have maybe another $2-3K of profit in it.

Comment

Fox is having a great sale on their flat bill hats right now.

Comment

There is a considerable difference in the ride quality between the 2018 and 2019 Raptor because of the upgraded 3.0 Fox shocks. I’d get the new 2019 and not look back. Your deal is similar to what I paid for a ‘19 802a Raptor in Dallas back in August.

The Raptor is a completely different truck than the Gladiator. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and it’s like driving a covered wagon compared to the Ford.

Comment

Over 60k for a 1/2 ton truck...no win.

Comment

Originally posted by lakehighlands View Post
                There is a considerable difference in the ride quality between the 2018 and 2019 Raptor because of the upgraded 3.0 Fox shocks. I’d get the new 2019 and not look back. Your deal is similar to what I paid for a ‘19 802a Raptor in Dallas back in August.

The Raptor is a completely different truck than the Gladiator. I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and it’s like driving a covered wagon compared to the Ford.
                I have Fox 2.0 shocks and front coilovers and I think they ride ok. Pretty stiff, IMO. Not 3/4 ton stiff, but not that cozy either.

Comment

I got a ‘19 Performance Blue with Recaros 802A and all the goodies except the graphics this past July. It’s my first Ford truck and it’s been awesome so far. Besides maybe the engine, (I love the 6.2 GM truck engines), the Ford is superior.

Get the ‘19. The new shocks give it good ride control and stability when going fast, but hit a big bump and it gets all nice and squishy. It’s pretty sweet.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

3k get the new one and you will know the history on it. 3k is about what 51 bucks a month?

Comment

Damn...who is this guy coming in with actual good information?

Are you an actual Newb or someone from Canada that didnt get the updated post count? Either way good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Are you an actual Newb or someone from Canada that didnt get the updated post count? Either way good post.
                        Post of the Year 2019?

Edit:OP, solid barg for sure.

Comment

I knew about this but didn't realize how big of a difference it was. The 2018 had a good ride (considering I'm driving a lifted Wrangler) but the 2019 felt like a Caddy..

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Greatness..

So I'm getting the 2019. I put down a deposit tonight. I have to finish up the financing with USAA and close the deal on the 26th.

Comment

Congrats sir! I would appreciate a ride in it to see what I am missing out on

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              Congrats sir! I would appreciate a ride in it to see what I am missing out on

Come to Colorado and I shall grant your request.

Comment

Working...
                              X