No announcement yet.

LTC Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah there was a guy in the class that cut his very badly with the slide (I believe that is what its called) when he loaded up his gun and was getting ready to shoot. He then hit the release to prepare to shoot and had his hand up to high on the back part of the grip and that thing took off a good solid 2 inches of skin. Blood all over...and this was before everyone started to shoot so it made all the noobs nervous...
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
      It went good bro...scored 255 ( I think lowest score you can get to pass is 175 and the max score is 275) and didn't mis any questions on the test. Just need to upload my stuff now. Since my name is very common they said it will be 40-50 days before I get anything.
      Awesome man!

Yeah there was a guy in the class that cut his very badly with the slide (I believe that is what its called) when he loaded up his gun and was getting ready to shoot. He then hit the release to prepare to shoot and had his hand up to high on the back part of the grip and that thing took off a good solid 2 inches of skin. Blood all over...and this was before everyone started to shoot so it made all the noobs nervous...
      Slide bite!!

Comment

1911 slide bite is real. Keep you hand below the dovetail. It’s why newer 1911s have a big dovetail in place of the original small one.

Comment

Funny tags, but I do my own shooting.

Comment

I did that the first time I took my XDS .45 to the range when I was practicing left hand shooting (I normally shoot with my right)...it stung and bled like a sumbitch....I learned to properly grip the gun after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              I did that the first time I took my XDS .45 to the range when I was practicing left hand shooting (I normally shoot with my right)...it stung and bled like a sumbitch....I learned to properly grip the gun after that.
              It hurts just thinking about. I can’t even begin to imagine how awful it would be. I had an army buddy send me an awful firearm training aid one day.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                Yeah it looked horrible....funny thing is the instructor had just covered that with all the class....and boom 3 minutes later we had a bleeder..
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

It went good bro...scored 255 ( I think lowest score you can get to pass is 175 and the max score is 275) and didn't mis any questions on the test. Just need to upload my stuff now. Since my name is very common they said it will be 40-50 days before I get anything.
                  Pics? (j/k)

The place I last took it in GP supplied all the students with the same model Glock 9mm semi-autos for range qualification. None of this 50-cal Desert Eagle nonsense, LOL. My latest renewal is all done online...I don't necessarily think this is a good idea because I still believe everyone should have to demonstrate some basic proficiency with handling a firearm. I'm expecting to have to get re-fingerprinted in digital format since the last time I renewed the DPS was still able to use my old paper fingerprint records.

Comment

Yeah it looked horrible....funny thing is the instructor had just covered that with all the class....and boom 3 minutes later we had a bleeder..
                    Yeah I consider myself to be pretty wise around guns.....it just didn't click in my head....new gun, different hand position and opposite hand....betcha I don't do it again...and I bet the guy in the class won't either. It stung for a few minutes...I just waited for it to stop bleeding and fired from my normal hand for the remainder of the day. Got a nice little scar on my thumb from it.

Comment

It went good bro...scored 255 ( I think lowest score you can get to pass is 175 and the max score is 275) and didn't mis any questions on the test .
                      Told you it was pretty easy. Glad you got it done though. Everyone should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        The place I last took it in GP supplied all the students with the same model Glock 9mm semi-autos for range qualification. None of this 50-cal Desert Eagle nonsense, LOL. My latest renewal is all done online...I don't necessarily think this is a good idea because I still believe everyone should have to demonstrate some basic proficiency with handling a firearm. I'm expecting to have to get re-fingerprinted in digital format since the last time I renewed the DPS was still able to use my old paper fingerprint records.
                        Sounds like you went to Academy for Firearms Training off of Main Street. I took my last two classes there before they changed the law on the renewals were it was just online. Good place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Sounds like you went to Academy for Firearms Training off of Main Street. I took my last two classes there before they changed the law on the renewals were it was just online. Good place.
                          It definitely is, I used their FFL too just this last December. They seemed to still be pretty busy with first-time LTC applicants and I was glad to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            It definitely is, I used their FFL too just this last December. They seemed to still be pretty busy with first-time LTC applicants and I was glad to see that.
                            Cool! Been meaning to stop by there just to see what they have in stock and compare prices. I like that place and it's close to my house. And I agree that they shouldn't have done away with the class for renewals, everybody should have to demonstrate that they can hit what they are aiming at. Even if it's not that hard.

Comment

I took my initial CHL class in west FTW, the next renewal in Whiskey Flats, and the two after that at the Academy. My wife and our son both took their initial CHL training there too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. We'll see if the old ink fingerprint card they did there two renewals ago stands up to DPS scrutiny, but I'm expecting to be told I have to get digital prints done in Arlington. The cost of renewal really has come down since it's now done all online.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                Told you it was pretty easy. Glad you got it done though. Everyone should do it.
                                Yep I agree! Uploaded all my stuff a few days ago so now I just sit and wait...

I hope I listed my previous addresses correct on the app...since I had two to list and couldn't really remember the exact dates I moved from one place to another.

Comment

Working...
                                X