No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, don't put it by the house. I have a home depot bucket I throw the bags of dog poop in, this is over that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      You can get them at Home Depot, they work but they begin to smell absolutely terrible.. you can spray the actual bag with insecticide and when they land on it, they die.. wait until maggots start breeding inside lol

I feel like they kinda do work, but also attract more flies to the area as they smell like a dead animal.
      That's why you put them far away, like on the fence close to you asshole neighbor's house.

Comment

• A nice 55° evening.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          A nice 55° evening.
          Where is that? I need to be there.

I was in Alberta last week - it was fucking amazing

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-19-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• That's badass, shit.

I'm about 300' away from the north entrance to Yellowstone.

Surprisingly, most of the lakes here don't have that beautiful blue hue. I saw that in the hoh rain forest (which by the way, is badass) but most lakes here have a brown color, I'm guessing due to the volcanic activity?

Here's the broke dick waterfalls I'm working with:

Alberta looks very similar to Bavaria
            Last edited by CJ; 06-18-2018, 09:47 PM.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's badass, shit.

I'm about 300' away from the north entrance to Yellowstone.

Surprisingly, most of the lakes here don't have that beautiful blue hue. I saw that in the house rain forest, but most lakes here have a brown color, I'm guessing due to the volcanic activity?

Here's the broke dick waterfalls I'm working with:
              The blue is due to "rock flour." Basically super, uber ground up rock from glacial movement - it's caught up in the spring runoff. Shallow and moving bodies look light blue and cloudy (like the pic of Johnston Canyon Falls), deeper bodies get that rich hue (Lake Louise, Peyto Lake, etc). All the lakes up there have that color, and it's literally breathtaking to see in person. I've never seen such a rich color in real life before.
              Got to see some elk and black bear pretty damn close too (could have thrown a rock and hit)... not in season and the pics weren't clear though

Yellowstone is on my list. Soon, hopefully. I'm headed to the Grand Canyon this Thursday, but no waterfalls there.
              Last edited by Strychnine; 06-18-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                The blue is due to "rock flour." Basically super, uber ground up rock from glacial movement. It's caught up in the spring runoff. All the lakes up there have that color, and it's literally breathtaking to see in person. I've never seen such a rich color in real life before.

Yellowstone is on my list. Soon, hopefully. I'm headed to the Grand Canyon this Thursday. No waterfalls there
                Yeah but the most impressive hole in the ground. I hiked the basin once, the Colorado is epic. One day I want to take a canoe down it.

Learn something new everyday. I guess that's why quarries are so blue? In Bavaria, the water is green due to limestone. Beautiful.

Comment

• And my wife wishes she was there now.

Comment

I hiked the basin once, the Colorado is epic. One day I want to take a canoe down it.
                    Last time I touched the Colorado was near Hanging Lake.

An old friend of mine was a river guide on the Colorado for a couple summers - told me to let him know when I was ready for a multiweek trip. Oldschool DFWS gtg?

Comment

• alberta in may

Comment

• That is badass. What a great trip. Did you rent a bike? Man, must have been cold as balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          alberta in may
                          There are times in my life that I really wish I had gotten into motorcycles earlier. It's generally been a combination of the times after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and when I see pics like that.

Comment

That is badass. What a great trip. Did you rent a bike? Man, must have been cold as balls.
                            i did. flew into boise and rode all over idaho, western montana, british columbia and alberta. scouting out a new place to live. weather was actually nice. that pic was at 9:30 ish at night, that lake had a bunch of frozen patches the next morning.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            There are times in my life that I really wish I had gotten into motorcycles earlier. It's generally been a combination of after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and when I see pics like that.
                            i've only traveled a small fraction of the u.s on a bike, but there's no better way imo. doing a new mexico, grand canyon up into utah and colorado trip in october

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              doing a new mexico, grand canyon up into utah and colorado trip in october
                              I'll post up some South Rim pics next week to inspire you... and I'll live vicariously though you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                I'll post up some South Rim pics next week to inspire you... and I'll live vicariously though you.
                                please do. any of you guys heard of the painted desert? ive seen pics and it must be incredible

Comment

Working...
                                X