DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Picture and Video Post Forum

Picture and Video Post Forum Amusing and Photoshopped Pics.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #51021
inline 6
IN GOD WE TRUST

Old 06-19-2018, 11:28 AM   #51022
Jon/xpm
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
I've only passed through. It's on my list to wheel with my next rig. Every place I have the opportunity to visit is special in its own way, which is what keeps me going. The views of the Swiss alps, the crystal clear water of crescent lake, the acrid smell of geysers at Yellowstone, etc. I just want to see it all, and enjoy it with friends and family. Glad I'm not alone!
I just came back a few weeks ago. The north entrance had a crazy amount of elk. Did you also get to see some of the "red dogs"?

Did you get to spend time in the Tetons?

BTW anyone thinking of visiting Yellowstone, I would highly recommend spending a half day to a full day in the Grand Teton national park.

You literally pass through it from Jackson to make your way to the south entrance of Yellowstone.

Anyone interested in Yellowstone or Tetons, feel free to PM if you need any advice or questions answered.

Last edited by Jon/xpm; 06-19-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Jon/xpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #51023
GrayStangGT
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
Where is that? I need to be there.

I was in Alberta last week - it was fucking amazing

Was this up near Banff? We are going to be spending 3 day in Banff and 4 in Calgary beginning of November.
GrayStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #51024
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayStangGT View Post
Was this up near Banff? We are going to be spending 3 day in Banff and 4 in Calgary beginning of November.
Yup, from Canmore up through Banff, Lake Louise, etc up toward the Saskatchewan River.
We spent Monday-Thursday in Calgary then Friday-Monday in Canmore.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #51025
GrayStangGT
Lifer

Quote:
Yup, from Canmore up through Banff, Lake Louise, etc up toward the Saskatchewan River.
We spent Monday-Thursday in Calgary then Friday-Monday in Canmore.
Awesome, any specific suggestions for things to see or places to eat? We will be at the Fairmont in Banff Sunday-Tuesday then downtown Calgary Wednesday-Sunday.

Last edited by GrayStangGT; 06-19-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #51026
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome

Quote:
Awesome, any specific suggestions for things to see or places to eat? We will be at the Fairmont in Banff Sunday-Tuesday then downtown Calgary Wednesday-Sunday.
i would recommend saltlik in banff for some awesome alberta beef. get the bone in ribeye. theres an irish pub you should hit too. drive through the golf course to see elk. go up the hill and get in the hot springs. drive to lake minitanka (sp?) 5 miles outside of town to see bighorn, and beautiful lake,mnt views

dsrtuckteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #51027
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
i would recommend saltlik in banff for some awesome alberta beef. get the bone in ribeye. theres an irish pub you should hit too. drive through the golf course to see elk. go up the hill and get in the hot springs. drive to lake minitanka (sp?) 5 miles outside of town to see bighorn, and beautiful lake,mnt views
Are you looking to be active, or full-on vacation mode?

Saltlik was recommended by some locals also, but we didn't have time to go.
Park Distillery was pretty awesome (food and drink)
Banff Avenue Brewing Co for some good beer
At the Fairmont in Banff there are 6 or 7 restaurants (not all take reservations). Our favorite there was the Lakeview Lounge - pretty self explanatory there.
Brunch at Iron Goat in Canmore was great. They had a bison+elf+beef meatloaf on the menu I really wanted to try.
While in Canmore, if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, Alpine Helicopters has a quick flight up through the Three Sisters peaks.
If you're going to be in the national park (Banff, Jasper, etc) get a multi-day entry pass so you can avoid the line on the highway. In peak season the line can be 30+ min. Either way, it's worth it.

In Calgary we stayed at the Hilton in the East Village near the Bow River. I can't decide what I think of that area... most of the restaurants were just trying too hard. Charbar, Bridgett Bar, The Guild, etc were ok (cool design, ambience) but overpriced and too hipster (who the fuck actually wants leeks or radishes or beets as sides???). One place had maple bbq rainbow trout... with fucking kale, and they would not sub anything in place of the kale because the chef had 'specially curated' the menu We had a better time at some local pubs (The National on 17th, other things in that area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
btw, its NEVER too late. i know you and your old lady arent interested in kids, yall could have a real blast doing it.
I have no doubt, but now we live in Houston... a mile from the Galleria. I don't even ride a bike anymore with all the retards and horrible roads around here, and I don't have a garage right now

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:51 PM   #51028
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member

Quote:

At the Fairmont in Banff there are 6 or 7 restaurants (not all take reservations). Our favorite there was the Lakeview Lounge - pretty self explanatory there.
Brunch at Iron Goat in Canmore was great. They had a bison+elf+beef meatloaf on the menu I really wanted to try.
While in Canmore, if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, Alpine Helicopters has a quick flight up through the Three Sisters peaks.

In Calgary we stayed in the East Village near the Bow River. I can't decide what I think of that area... most of the restaurants were just trying too hard. Charbar, Bridgett Bar, The Guild, etc were ok (cool design, ambience) but overpriced and too hipster (who the fuck actually wants leeks or radishes or beets as sides???). One place had maple bbq rainbow trout... with fucking kale, and they would not sub anything in place of the kale because the chef had 'specially curated' the menu We had a better time at some local pubs (The National on 17th, other things in that area).

I have no doubt, but now we live in Houston... a mile from the Galleria. I don't even ride a bike anymore with all the retards and horrible roads around here, and I don't have a garage right now
I aint never had elf before, but now I want's me some!
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:51 PM   #51029
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon/xpm View Post
I just came back a few weeks ago. The north entrance had a crazy amount of elk. Did you also get to see some of the "red dogs"?

Did you get to spend time in the Tetons?

BTW anyone thinking of visiting Yellowstone, I would highly recommend spending a half day to a full day in the Grand Teton national park.

You literally pass through it from Jackson to make your way to the south entrance of Yellowstone.

Anyone interested in Yellowstone or Tetons, feel free to PM if you need any advice or questions answered.
My dad and step-mom were considering buying a summer place up in Jackson back in '14-'15, right as the market shot back up. They've spent a few summers in the park working for the park service as guides/hosts, so I've been afforded the chance to spend a bit of time up there with my family. Definitely in my top 3 favorites, but Yosemite will always be #1.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #51030
GrayStangGT
Lifer

Quote:

If you're going to be in the national park (Banff, Jasper, etc) get a multi-day entry pass so you can avoid the line on the highway. In peak season the line can be 30+ min. Either way, it's worth it.

In Calgary we stayed at the Hilton in the East Village near the Bow River. I can't decide what I think of that area... most of the restaurants were just trying too hard. Charbar, Bridgett Bar, The Guild, etc were ok (cool design, ambience) but overpriced and too hipster (who the fuck actually wants leeks or radishes or beets as sides???). One place had maple bbq rainbow trout... with fucking kale, and they would not sub anything in place of the kale because the chef had 'specially curated' the menu We had a better time at some local pubs (The National on 17th, other things in that area).
Probably full on vacation mode, unless they get an early snow and the snowmobile rentals are open, I would like to do that. We took a helicopter up to a glacier in Whistler last year and it was incredible, we usually do one unnecessary splurge for each vacation, that was the Fairmont for this one, last year it was the helicopter lol.

Last edited by GrayStangGT; 06-19-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #51031
Shaggin Wagon
Shaggin'

Quote:
Probably full on vacation mode, unless they get an early snow and the snowmobile rentals are open, I would like to do that. We took a helicopter up to a glacier in Whistler last year and it was incredible, we usually do one unnecessary splurge for each vacation, that was the Fairmont for this one, last year it was the helicopter lol.

Uh, wheres that guys coat?!
Shaggin Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #51032
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
We took a helicopter up to a glacier in Whistler
Skiing in Whistler is awesome. I have so many pictures from up there.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #51033
GrayStangGT
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
Uh, wheres that guys coat?!
It was May, I wore shorts and short sleeves on the ride. We were only on top with the snow for 15min or so.
Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM   #51034
SS Junk
Lifer

SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #51035
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss junk View Post
wtf?
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #51036
Shaggin Wagon
Shaggin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
wtf?
Looks like the window got broke out anyways...
Shaggin Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #51037
SS Junk
Lifer

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/xxxtent...da-2018-06-18/
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #51038
94mstng94
Lexus Tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
94mstng94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #51039
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
Looks like the window got broke out anyways...
Looks to me like he stayed in there a little too long, the car ran out of gas and now he ded.
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #51040
1carcrazyguy
Lifer

Just a case of lead poisoning from the hood rats.
1carcrazyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aloha armbar, bcoop loves arbys, bcoop loves fags, cocklover, cooter has a cooter, cooter is a gunt lover, cosmic fuzz, denny is supa cop, dutch rudder, fuck this thread, i miss jkd :(, ilovecow, jkd #1 car pic post, jkd was a fag, naynay loves cock, new tag time?, new tagzzz!!, rip mike, svo #1 bro of bros, svo invented pichurs, svo scoreboards, svo taged your mom, tag your it, tags died with mikec, wild bill wuz here