No announcement yet.

Re-Doing my DRZ400SM Wheels - Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need to go sit on one of these. I am getting the itch bad!

Comment

Sorry man, I don't know anyone that does ceramic coating locally. I used to send my headers off to Precision Coatings just outside of Salt Lake City.

Based on all my experience, my only advice is to go to a legit shop and avoid any "hook-ups"...lol.

Lemme know when you're ready to ride. I got a couple of things to work out on the DRZ but I'll be ready to ride.

How did it do on the highway? Does it have a tach??

Comment

did great on the freeway. definitely not as fast overall as a 600 sportbike, but a lot of fun overall for round town kind of shit.
        hard to describe really. pretty much like riding a big bore street 'dirt bike' though.
        mine just happens to have really good suspension and brakes.

freeway felt fine to be honest , about 75 mph is 6200rpm i think. so i still had plenty of usable meat left in the power.
        I couldn't see cruising at 85 a bunch or for extended time at least. feels a little different being on something tall like a dirt bike on the freeway too.
        not even sure if im going to change the rear sprocket yet. after all I would have to give up some lower speed acceleration for that! thats the best part!

Comment

oh having a lot of suspension is pretty nice too, you can ride over some really nasty shit that would beat your ass up on a 600. for sure, or even buck you off maybe.
          feels smooth as glass with the SMR suspension

Comment

ok dropped of headers at ceramic coater, so should only be a week or so til im ready.
            My buddy came over and looked at the bike and was so pumped he going to borrow his wifes dad's 690 KTM and go motarding with us.
            sounds like we should have a good time.

Comment

I just stopped and looked at the KTM 690SM's while I was waiting on my dirt bike tires to get put on at Bates...went across the street to the KTM/Aprilia dealership. Holy shit...$12k for motard. Fuck that.

I'm going to be busy now for the next couple of weeks, but I'm down to ride after that.

Comment

Working...
              X