I have lost all sympathy for dumbass bikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Riders piss me off cause they assume all of US are the same. I give wide areas to riders on purpose, almost as much room as a give a semi - but I'll lose to a semi so I give just a little more room than I should sometimes when they are swerving.

Guess since a lot of semi trucks swerve out of their lanes sometimes, I should hate them all too.
    Lol! I can argue that point as well. <------ truck driver.
    -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
      Same here. I've had a guy on Collins driving right next to me. We were doing maybe 20. He looks out his window, directly at my eyes, and starts to come over into me.
      I've had a mother fucker swerve into my lane from oncoming traffic while pointing and laughing before. I was in disbelief initially and didn't know how to handle the situation, before I caught my breath and started thinking clearly it was too late to chase the guy down. Probably a good thing because one of us would have ended up in jail or a morgue. Now I just realize the guy was a total dickbag and will probably end up messing with the wrong person next.

Comment

"Hey guys, i'm just going to break the law, don't mind me. I may get hurt, but i'll blame it on you breaking the law, and completely ignore that i put myself in a dangerous situation. Just think of me as the guy on a motorcycle with a hoodie and skittles."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          You'll move! Don't worry!
          My foot moved into the side of his door!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I've had a mother fucker swerve into my lane from oncoming traffic while pointing and laughing before. I was in disbelief initially and didn't know how to handle the situation, before I caught my breath and started thinking clearly it was too late to chase the guy down. Probably a good thing because one of us would have ended up in jail or a morgue. Now I just realize the guy was a total dickbag and will probably end up messing with the wrong person next.
            That's why i carry

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              fuck you, don't pass on the right doing 20 over and expect favors
              Far right lane is usually open because of all the people parked in the left lane.

I'm not going to get mad if I'm hauling ass in the right lane and someone cuts me off. People can't drive generally, don't look, don't signal, and aren't used to high closing rates so that's on me.

On two wheels in light to moderate traffic if the far left lane is going 65 in a 70 you can generally cruise 80+ pretty easily in the far right lane for pretty good stretches if you desire. Everyone stacks up in the far left lane without passing and you'll get long breaks of open freeway in the far right lane. It's pretty easy to maintain a good clip without needing to ride like a complete asshole.
              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                Far right lane is usually open because of all the people parked in the left lane.

I'm not going to get mad if I'm hauling ass in the right lane and someone cuts me off. People can't drive generally, don't look, don't signal, and aren't used to high closing rates so that's on me.

On two wheels in light to moderate traffic if the far left lane is going 65 in a 70 you can generally cruise 80+ pretty easily in the far right lane for pretty good stretches if you desire. Everyone stacks up in the far left lane without passing and you'll get long breaks of open freeway in the far right lane. It's pretty easy to maintain a good clip without needing to ride like a complete asshole.
                'Tis true.

Just watch out for that one guy that jumps a few lanes of traffic in a vehicle that couldn't accelerate past a semi in order to go two mph faster than the lead dumbass holding up the fast lane.

Comment

I had this exact same thing the OP posted happen to me on 35 north, except I was on the bike and the asshat was in a car.

And to make things worse for me, I have no mirrors. I was cruising at 70, did a head check to the right WITH my signal on. Nothing there. So I move into the right lane and a car fucking comes zipping up on me and had to pass me barely in my lane and on the fucking shoulder!!! There again, you don't pass doing 80+ in the far right lane of a 4 lane highway! Yeah I have him all sorts of bad hand signs, etc. motherfucker coulda killed me, and I wasn't doing anything wrong.
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

My mirrors look out of place on my bike, but that's the exact reason I haven't taken them off. I almost got eaten by a punk kid in a Honda Civic that was running 100+mph.

I was the lead vehicle passing a few cars that were in the right lane. They were going the speed limit (55), I was about 10 over. There was a car about 4 seconds behind me that was keeping pace with me. I had gotten comfortable with him back there because he never crowded me. (mistake)

I looked back to double check a clear right lane, hit the blinker, began to change lanes when I see the headlights flash from the car behind me, in my mirror. It didn't register until I felt the reflector on the road go under my tire and this Honda came screaming out of the gap. He must have had a run coming up to the gap, because he passed the car behind me, then blew past right as I was able to go back over the reflector.

Scared the shit out of me. I sent a thankful wave to the car behind me as I turned off to get gas.

Comment

this thread is way over done around here.

even though every one is giving Adam shit, i thought his comment was hilarious.
                      I fucking hate all those stupid m/f that are too lazy to look .
                      They can kiss my ass. I drive a car or truck too, and I 'm not a lazy POS like you are .
                      Never have been either. It's just common sense not to be fucking off while youre driving.

God bless !

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                        I had this exact same thing the OP posted happen to me on 35 north, except I was on the bike and the asshat was in a car.

And to make things worse for me, I have no mirrors. I was cruising at 70, did a head check to the right WITH my signal on. Nothing there. So I move into the right lane and a car fucking comes zipping up on me and had to pass me barely in my lane and on the fucking shoulder!!! There again, you don't pass doing 80+ in the far right lane of a 4 lane highway! Yeah I have him all sorts of bad hand signs, etc. motherfucker coulda killed me, and I wasn't doing anything wrong.
                        guy i would just get mirrors on your bike . I rode for over 5 yrs on a bike with no mirrors and it just isn't worth it. They are damn handy at stop lights to know you wont be rear ended.
                        Damn handy when youre about to slam on the brakes and turn you won't get rearended.
                        damn handy when you want to see the lane next to you on the freeway, even just to check.

if you can find some that work well , go for it.
                        Also yes you will be ticketed for it as well. plus you won't have to put one on to pass inspection every year.....
                        I resisted this too , and there just isn't much point. they are pretty useful

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                          this thread is way over done around here.

even though every one is giving Adam shit, i thought his comment was hilarious.
                          I fucking hate all those stupid m/f that are too lazy to look .
                          They can kiss my ass. I drive a car or truck too, and I 'm not a lazy POS like you are .
                          Never have been either. It's just common sense not to be fucking off while youre driving.

God bless !
                          This is the real problem. There are assholes and complete idiots on bikes and in cars and trucks. Let's just get rid of them, and the 3-4 of us left will have plenty of open roads to enjoy.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                            Don't come flying up in the far right lane at 80+ in a 60 in traffic then look back at me like wtf when I almost side swipe your dumbass when my signal was on to move over a lane.
                            I had something like this happen to me a few months ago while I was on my bike. I was behind a car, as soon as it was clear to pass, I passed on the right. I was to his passenger door and he came over on me. I had to swerve into the shoulder to avoid getting hit and he decided then he would teach me a lesson by flashing his brights and tail gating. I got off the bike, asked if he had a problem and he said "I was signaling to get into that lane!" I told him I never saw his signal on and when it is on it does not assign you the God given right to change lanes without looking. He didn't seem to get that. I departed by saying for him to be more aware of his surroundings read a drivers manual.
                            BTW... those who have no riding experience. Flashing your brights, day or night while behind a bike does not have the effect you so desire. If it makes you feel better, more power to you.
                            I think my favorite is when passing a car, they speed up and nearly rearend the car in front of them because that space is so valuable...

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              I had something like this happen to me a few months ago while I was on my bike. I was behind a car, as soon as it was clear to pass, I passed on the right. I was to his passenger door and he came over on me. I had to swerve into the shoulder to avoid getting hit and he decided then he would teach me a lesson by flashing his brights and tail gating. I got off the bike, asked if he had a problem and he said "I was signaling to get into that lane!" I told him I never saw his signal on and when it is on it does not assign you the God given right to change lanes without looking. He didn't seem to get that. I departed by saying for him to be more aware of his surroundings read a drivers manual.
                              BTW... those who have no riding experience. Flashing your brights, day or night while behind a bike does not have the effect you so desire. If it makes you feel better, more power to you.
                              I think my favorite is when passing a car, they speed up and nearly rearend the car in front of them because that space is so valuable...
                              Another example of dumbass. They are everywhere. (car driver, not ss)
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

What irks me is how many of the riders on the road (and even in this thread) seem to want to justify constantly speeding on a bike. I'm fine with bikes/cars/trucks/etc speeding so long as they aren't causing a danger to those around me, since that's when someone eats pavement. If you're going to be nonchalant about driving in a manner that's completely outside the realm of the normal motorist, you have better be ultra-sensitive when it comes to your situational awareness.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X