No announcement yet.

Bought this at a garage sale today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you drained all the fuel out of it but if its been sitting you will probably have to go thru the carbs and clean them. Also, better check the tank real good for rust or you will just continue to have the problem all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      Well, rode it around yesterday. Started bogging and finally died. Now it won't run. It will start and stay alive with the choke all the way on though.
      Probably a clogged low speed jet.

Comment

Guy at work has one, he rides it everyday. we all make fun of him for his glasspack home made exhaust

Comment

Gonna try the fuel filter first.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Gonna try the fuel filter first.
            ... so that all the junk in the tank that broke loose and clogged the first fuel filter can clog the 2nd one too?
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              ... so that all the junk in the tank that broke loose and clogged the first fuel filter can clog the 2nd one too?
              what?
              2012 GT500

Comment

dude just take the tank off empty it and check to see if there is any rust or gummed up gas in there then throw a new filter on it and then if it loads up on you again you can clean the carbs or may have to have them rebuilt depending on how long it sat with gas in it

Comment

Well, rode it around yesterday. Started bogging and finally died. Now it won't run. It will start and stay alive with the choke all the way on though.
                  Im Pretty sure I told you to check the tank for rust as that is a common problem with those old Honda V-4's. I hope its gas and rust and not engine oiling problems (another common problem with the early V-4's). If its rust in the tank.....fix the tank NOW and don't let it screw up the carbs. If the carbs are already gummed up no amount of Berryman's or Seafoam is going to fix them...they will need to be removed and cleaned. Don't let the engine run lean from gummed up carbs or you might overheat it and blow a head gasket.

Comment

I like it. Good starter/commuter bike. Get it running good make sure the brakes and tires are good and have fun.

Comment

Was the aftermarket fuel pump switch. Lol. Didn't know it existed.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

v4 bikes, not so fun to time camshafts with
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Anybody good with old inline 4 Yamaha's?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

Bike is running. No rust in the tank. Does have a lot of flat spots throughout the rpm range especially under 5k rpms. I guess I'll have to take it somewhere and have it tuned up.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Bikes for Bikers in the colony are pretty stand up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

update:

Finally finished my MSF. Going to take the test tomorrow.

Bike has had some issues. First the running lights and speedo lights weren't working so we finallly found out it was a fuse. Secondly, the front brake is dragging really badly. put new fluid in yesterday and it helped for a few hours, but then issue came back. Cleaned the master cylinder and all brake components tonight, so I hope it is fixed.
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X