Fracking Harley dealers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fracking Harley dealers!

Decided a few weeks ago I want a new Harley Vrod and the new '13's just came out last week.

Anyway, I go to Longhorn harley and all the salesman are standing around the front desk playing grabass laughing and ignoring customers on the floor. Usually Im cool with that rather than being hassled but when I asked for help it was just enough to say "we dont have that model" and get back to his buddies. Needless to say I just left.

Called Adam Smith Harley in bedford yesterday and was told they had exactly what I want. Head over there after work today and while it is the right color, it doesnt have the ABS/Security option I want. He said "I dont remember you asking for that". Anyway then comes the part that really pissed me off. They showed me thier OTD price and they want a $2.5k mark up on top of the $15k msrp and to add to that, they want double freight that harley lists on their site and another $600 to setup the bike. A $15k bike turned into a $20.5k bike. I might have been able to haggle my way down but I wasnt about to waste my breath haggling down JUST to get to MSRP on a bike I didnt even want.

I could understand if it was a special edition but it is the EXACT same thing as the 2012 model minus the 10th anniversary badging the '12 had. I know marking up new models is nothing new but just pissed me off to no end! But the ego in these Harley dealers is unreal, its like they are doing you a favor just talking to you.

Yeah, fuck em go buy a Victory

Comment

Ill be honest, I was checking out the highball on the website earlier. I just really want a night rod.

Comment

Give Paris hd a call.
        Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I signed up for the riders edge class at longhorn a couple weeks ago and it starts tomorrow. Im going to give them one more chance, they have a red '13 with ABS I want to check out anyway, hopefully its on the floor. When I called them the other day they gave me a decent price minus TT&L, just the asshats working when I went in that pissed me off.

Comment

When I bought mine I called all around or went in person and they all wanted MSRP, I called down to Cowboy Harley in Austin and got a fairly good price, but ended up buying it in Atlanta GA.
            I called Paris since their add is always "call for price" and their price was MSRP...WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              Ill be honest, I was checking out the highball on the website earlier. I just really want a night rod.

I like that!
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
                When I bought mine I called all around or went in person and they all wanted MSRP, I called down to Cowboy Harley in Austin and got a fairly good price, but ended up buying it in Atlanta GA.
                I called Paris since their add is always "call for price" and their price was MSRP...WTF
                LOL, at this point I would welcome MSRP. I dont know why but I was pissed when that guy threw a price at me and admitted he was tacking on $2k because its a new model. The conversation was completely over at that point.

Comment

LOL, at this point I would welcome MSRP. I dont know why but I was pissed when that guy threw a price at me and admitted he was tacking on $2k because its a new model. The conversation was completely over at that point.
                  You don't know why? It's because you're already getting fucked! Harley's are overpriced at msrp.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    You don't know why? It's because you're already getting fucked! Harley's are overpriced at msrp.
                    truth

Comment

Even the rider's edge at longhorn is overpriced by about a Hundred Dollars.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Even the rider's edge at longhorn is overpriced by about a Hundred Dollars.
                        Yeah but I went with it because its 4 days instead of 2 and also they refund you the money if you buy a bike with them within 3 months.

Comment

Yeah but I went with it because its 4 days instead of 2 and also they refund you the money if you buy a bike with them within 3 months.
                          Sounds like a scam.

edit* I heard good things about a HD dealer in El Paso that would do a fly and ride deal if you bought from them. I was looking at used bikes they had, seemed reasonable.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Dunno about a scam, a few of the guys on the harley boards recommended them. All the dealers I looked at offered the refund if you bought with them or, at least Longhorn, would actually pay for the thing for you if you bought the bike before hand instead of the refund.

4 day classes are $295 and some dealers only do 3 day courses and they are $245. Normal non-harley sponsored 2 day courses are $195 so the price is fair I guess.

Im hoping I dont have to go out as far as El Paso to get a deal but if I do I wont have time to fly out and ride back. Schedule is pretty busy the rest of the year.

Comment

Barnett HD in El Paso is a high volume dealer that generally has awesome deals.

They have a massive used bike section.

Comment

Working...
                              X