Fracking Harley dealers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lason View Post
    Dunno about a scam, a few of the guys on the harley boards recommended them. All the dealers I looked at offered the refund if you bought with them or, at least Longhorn, would actually pay for the thing for you if you bought the bike before hand instead of the refund.

4 day classes are $295 and some dealers only do 3 day courses and they are $245. Normal non-harley sponsored 2 day courses are $195 so the price is fair I guess.

Im hoping I dont have to go out as far as El Paso to get a deal but if I do I wont have time to fly out and ride back. Schedule is pretty busy the rest of the year.
    The one I am doing next month is a 2 day (I wonder about your 4 day deal, do they break it up into 4 short days as opposed to two long ones?) and $185. Your paying for it in the sale price of the bike either way, its not like you are getting an extra special class?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      The one I am doing next month is a 2 day (I wonder about your 4 day deal, do they break it up into 4 short days as opposed to two long ones?) and $185. Your paying for it in the sale price of the bike either way, its not like you are getting an extra special class?
      The one Im taking is

Thurs 6-9 Classroom
      Fri 6-9 Classroom
      Sat 8-5 Classroom/Range
      Sun 8-5 Range

Yeah your paying for it with Harleys huge markup either way but your still going to pay harley price whether you take the class or not. Might as well go for it if you planning on a new harley. At least thats how I looked at it. I think I read they include lunch on the weekend days too.

Comment

Get them to throw in the HD sticker for the back window of your truck and and handfull of Tshirts too!
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

you willing to go out of state to get it?
          sigpic
          2010 Dallas Performance built Grand Sport

Comment

I had bought mine at North Texas HD in Lewisville. I had gotten a new '08 VRSCDX with filter, exhaust, and tuner already installed, for $18k. They seemed to have the best deal on everything.
            One thing I've always noticed about Longhorn is all of their shirts are priced higher than other dealers, and even most their stuff is marked higher than in the HD catalogs.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by jthurik View Post
              you willing to go out of state to get it?
              Not yet

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
              I had bought mine at North Texas HD in Lewisville. I had gotten a new '08 VRSCDX with filter, exhaust, and tuner already installed, for $18k. They seemed to have the best deal on everything.
              One thing I've always noticed about Longhorn is all of their shirts are priced higher than other dealers, and even most their stuff is marked higher than in the HD catalogs.
              That was a smoking deal! I went back in last night to Longhorn and got a decent offer. They have to order the bike but they didnt hesitate to offer to get it. Im going to try to talk them down a bit or get some incentives thrown in to sweeten the deal and hopefully sign tonight when I go in for my next class.

Comment

Not yet

That was a smoking deal! I went back in last night to Longhorn and got a decent offer. They have to order the bike but they didnt hesitate to offer to get it. Im going to try to talk them down a bit or get some incentives thrown in to sweeten the deal and hopefully sign tonight when I go in for my next class.
                Hopefully they will work with you. My inlaws have bought 4 bikes from longhorn, and had to pay sticker for each one, but were able to get accessories and gear thrown in for free. Im pretty sure that is how they do it up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  The 4 day is the Basic Riders Course, the 2 day is the Experienced Riders Course, at least with the ones that I have been too.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueJunkie View Post
                    The 4 day is the Basic Riders Course, the 2 day is the Experienced Riders Course, at least with the ones that I have been too.

Comment

Yeah found out more about the Riders Edge class since last night was the first class. They took us around the dealer and showed us the in's and out's of all the departments, took us through the back and into the service center. Then started classroom BS. We will be doing the class portion again tonight for 3 hours then range day on the bikes Saturday morning with some class test at the end of the day and then all day at the range Sunday.

They are providing pizza and soda's for lunch on Sat/Sun and also water and gatorade at the range. While talking to the salesman about the bike I want he introduced me to the owners son who is the sales mgr and he told me since Im taking the class he would either give me $300 cash back or in store credit if we struck a deal on a bike so it wont be put in the deal towards the bike just to offset something else like some financing smoke and mirrors crap I thought they were going to do.

Pretty cool so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueJunkie View Post
                        What we were told last night the expirienced course is a 1 day deal on your own bike.

Im sure other classes may do it different though but the beginner classes the DMV points you to are 2 day classes like Baron is talking about.

Comment

Not yet

good deal.. really, the v-rods aren't a fast selling bike for any HD dealership. if they don't meet want you want, back out and they'll prob get back to you with a better deal. tell them you're gonna look around some more. They want/need to sell them and will want to get them out of their inventory. but do not take it at msrp.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I took a Mfs class with some "school" in Irving. I walked out after 2 hrs on the range because their bikes were junk and the instructors a joke. I took the Harley course through Texas Harley and had a great experience. More class time plus much better bikes that actually ran decently. (I went through 3 bikes at the first class before we found one that would run more than 2 minutes at a time).

Watch longhorn. Buddy went there bought $300 worth or parts and shirts and they charged him $6 for a catalog everyone else gives away.
                            Last edited by bulldog896; 09-01-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                              good deal.. really, the v-rods aren't a fast selling bike for any HD dealership. if they don't meet want you want, back out and they'll prob get back to you with a better deal. tell them you're gonna look around some more. They want/need to sell them and will want to get them out of their inventory. but do not take it at msrp.
                              I ordered the bike, should be here next week. I did go ahead with MSRP unfortunatley. No one in Texas and Oklahoma had a black denim '13 with ABS on the floor so they had to order it. Because of that they werent willing to come off the price. They did help with freight and setup though but thats peanuts.

I had my first riding day of the class today. Two people were out by noon. One girl panicked and popped the clutch and launched a buell at the instructor, lol. She smacked her head pretty good so they made her sit out and reschedule. Another guy was just having issues keeping up so he decided to reschedule also. He just got a new bike recently that he hasnt ridden so Im sure he is pretty pissed.

Pretty fun though, got back to the dealer and had pizza waiting on us and then we took our written exams. Tomorrow is our last day, riding all day. The bikes are all in pretty good shape. A tech at the dealer told he they are having hell fixing them though since alot of the parts arent offered anymore. I dont know what harley will be doing in a few years for training bikes.

Comment

I ordered the bike, should be here next week. I did go ahead with MSRP unfortunatley. No one in Texas and Oklahoma had a black denim '13 with ABS on the floor so they had to order it. Because of that they werent willing to come off the price. They did help with freight and setup though but thats peanuts.

I had my first riding day of the class today. Two people were out by noon. One girl panicked and popped the clutch and launched a buell at the instructor, lol. She smacked her head pretty good so they made her sit out and reschedule. Another guy was just having issues keeping up so he decided to reschedule also. He just got a new bike recently that he hasnt ridden so Im sure he is pretty pissed.

Pretty fun though, got back to the dealer and had pizza waiting on us and then we took our written exams. Tomorrow is our last day, riding all day. The bikes are all in pretty good shape. A tech at the dealer told he they are having hell fixing them though since alot of the parts arent offered anymore. I dont know what harley will be doing in a few years for training bikes.
                                Yep. They can't keep fixing the buell blasts forever lol.

One of the main bikes I was looking at over the last year is the xr1200 and xr1200x and longhorn doesn't seem to carry either. I like that bike, and have been looking at the '48.
                                HD Parts
                                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                                X