1k update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1k update

just starting a thread to start a thread. Tired of lookih through 16 pages of old threads to find stuff to look at in here. Lol

Finally rolled over 1k on the bike (06 gsxr 600) and I have to say I'm loving every minute of it. Its got a brand new pair of shinko advance tires now too (here come the chicken strips) Looking at doing some motivation bar ends , r1 throttle tube, and two bros slip on. It's still leaking a little oil, but ill eventually take care of that. Starting to work on some first gear clutch ups now too. Little by little. Starting up a riding group at UNT this week too, so hopefully I'll have some peeps to start riding with.

Just an update.
    2012 GT500

Keep in mind that 1st is going to be really twitchy. I used to do 2nd hear standups right foot on the brake and left in the passenger peg. Much easier to learn that way for me
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

What is your plan when you wreck?
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
        What is your plan when you wreck?
        I'm pretty careful. Only pulling wheelies that are about 1ft-2ft off the ground and then setting them down. Other than that I'm a really cautious rider. If I do lay it down from wheelie-ing, which I guess is what you are implying, Then I'll break some plastics. Big deal, I'll get it fixed. It needs new plastic anyway. I have full coverage on the bike as well.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          I'm pretty careful. Only pulling wheelies that are about 1ft-2ft off the ground and then setting them down. Other than that I'm a really cautious rider. If I do lay it down from wheelie-ing, which I guess is what you are implying, Then I'll break some plastics. Big deal, I'll get it fixed. It needs new plastic anyway. I have full coverage on the bike as well.
          You may want to think about yourself when you crash, not just the bike....
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            You may want to think about yourself when you crash, not just the bike....
            I can agree. I'm always wearing gear.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Lots of people die everyday that have full gear on, even the professionals. Don't let that shit make you think you are invincible.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I invite you to come by my shop anytime and i will show you what happens when all of the oil gets swung away from the oil pickup....
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Squid. I'm just saying have some life insurance and short term disability set up. And I assume you have health insurance? That's amusing that you think wrecking is no big deal.
                  2006 Civic SI
                  2009 Pilot
                  1988 GT
                  CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                    Squid. I'm just saying have some life insurance and short term disability set up. And I assume you have health insurance? That's amusing that you think wrecking is no big deal.
                    Lol. when did I say wrecking wasn't a big deal. All insurance is through the parents as I'm 18 and a college student. I'm covered.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Shinko Advanced .... Ewwwww.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                        I invite you to come by my shop anytime and i will show you what happens when all of the oil gets swung away from the oil pickup....
                        Very few people will get to the point of that becoming a problem. If he got serious about it they make aftermarket pickups for those bikes. Most lot guys with those bikes run 1/2 qt over and don't have problems.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          Yeah nothing like a guy putting a shiny new engine in his mini sprint and then realizing a little to late the pick up was on the wrong side. Kaboom.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

sorry i must have missed this, what happened to the vette?

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                              sorry i must have missed this, what happened to the vette?
                              sold for bike.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X