No announcement yet.

Superbikes of Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck dude, that sucks! I'll help you pull it if you want to learn.
    Ded

Comment

I believe that's cast aluminum so good luck finding someone that will attempt at welding it.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
        @#!*% dude, that sucks! I'll help you pull it if you want to learn.
        I might take you up on that.
        2012 GT500

Comment

LMK bro.
          Ded

Comment

thats the same shit southwest superbikes pulls or used to. i haven't been to that southwest in years but the last time i was there they were selling bikes that needed some work for regular retail prices. used to be that southwest would buy repos and salvage bikes and do some minor work to them and sell them like it was a great bike.

Comment

Too many dealers in DFW do stuff like this.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                Too many dealers in DFW do stuff like this.
                Yep...and they LOVE to get hold of inexperienced, impatient kids with money burning a hole in their pocket who will only learn later how they got FU**ED.

Comment

DFWM has enough members. Put shit out there about them doing this. It might not kill em but if someone googles them it might keep em from fucking that one person who gets screwed on their first bike.

Comment

Sell that POS and by a real bike, mine!

Comment

Post a pic of the JB weld. The cases split with a top and bottom if it's got a hole knocked in it they usually have to replace the case section either upper or lower and it's not cheap or easy to do. The parts alone are going to be expensive. Welding an aluminum engine case that isn't very thick to start with is probably gonna be a no go but ya might find someone that might try it.

If you have to buy the parts new a crankcase set upper and lower which is the only way I think they sell these thing, is about 2500 dollars.

Honestly if the hole is small enough I'd just try to JBweld/Epoxy/RTV the hole shut as best as possible.

If it's not fixable you're going to be better off either finding a used complete engine on fleabay or just getting rid of the bike and finding something else.

Parts fiche to give you an example of what you'd be looking at

Last edited by Downs; 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

This is the email i recieved:

Jeremy this is William with Superbikes Of Dallas. I am very sorry to hear you have a problem with the bike, we do not try and hide anything on our bikes and from time to time some things are un noticed. We have a MMI machanic working for us full time now and I would like to help you with this issue. Give me a call on my personal cell phone,
                        William
                        2012 GT500

Comment

So far they are off on the right foot it seems.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                            So far they are off on the right foot it seems.
                            I agree. I will be changing thread title accordingly if it is dealt with.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Just sounds like they see more $$$$$$.
                              Sounds like they just want you to bring it to them to charge you out the ass for repairs.

Comment

you bought a previously wrecked bike "as is" i assume...

this is your problem now.

you mentioned it leaking oil after you bought it, did that not raise a flag?

Comment

Working...
                                X