Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    Just sounds like they see more $$$$$$.
    Sounds like they just want you to bring it to them to charge you out the ass for repairs.
    the shop isn't for customers. They don't do customer repairs. I'm hoping that this means they will actually help out.
    2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      you bought a previously wrecked bike "as is" i assume...

this is your problem now.

you mentioned it leaking oil after you bought it, did that not raise a flag?

I bought a bike that was rebuilt by a professional dealer. I was disclosed all the repairs and the reason it was salvaged. I was told that the bike underwent a 100point inspection and was free of leaks and noises and was mechanically as good as new. Not disclosing a major issue is not something that goes with "you bought a wrecked bike." I bought a wrecked bike with the dealers word it was rebuilt, which it wasn't.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        First thing I would do, is approach the dealer about it in a nice way. Give him a chance to be helpful. If he's not, I would make the dealers life miserable. It might not help, but it would make me feel better.
        Hopefully this will work. So far, so good. At least he didn't tell you to "eat shit and die".

Comment

was there a warranty? no? they have no liability to fix your bike...

it's a used, wrecked bike, with a rebuilt title...obviously you were too newb to do your homework, and obviously you didnt know shit about bikes or you would have inspected the bike thoroughly before dropping $4500 on a dirty titled bike.

youve been riding it this whole time, so what's the problem?

Comment

was there a warranty? no? they have no liability to fix your bike...

it's a used, wrecked bike, with a rebuilt title...obviously you were too newb to do your homework, and obviously you didnt know shit about bikes or you would have inspected the bike thoroughly before dropping $4500 on a dirty titled bike.

youve been riding it this whole time, so what's the problem?
            it leaks oil.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Here's the deal.

Owner said that he has an 8k mile 06 gsxr 600 motor at the shop. He says if I buy the motor $500, that he will do the install.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                This is the email i recieved:

Jeremy this is William with Superbikes Of Dallas. I am very sorry to hear you have a problem with the bike, we do not try and hide anything on our bikes and from time to time some things are un noticed. We have a MMI machanic working for us full time now and I would like to help you with this issue. Give me a call on my personal cell phone,
                William
                Sounds good. Did you talk to them about it before posting this thread? If not, that's a douchey move on your part.

Comment

right, it has been since you bought it...so why are you crying now?

edit: so you went to the dealer, let them sweet talk you on a wrecked bike, didnt inspect the bike, probably didnt ride it at all, and now here you are.

i'm not surprised

Comment

do you have any pictures of the problem area?

Comment

do you have any pictures of the problem area?
                      ya. Give me a minute.

2012 GT500

Comment

i really wish you wouldnt have bought a rebuilt bike for what you spent when there are plenty of bikes out there with a clean history for the same amount. you wanted a bike now, and rushed the process.

but, shit happens....so lets just try to get you fixed up.

personally, i wouldnt do any more business with them, let alone spend another 500 on a motor with an unknown history. if theyre so incompetent that they cant track down a leak, or lacking the integrity to properly fix a problem, then i definitely wouldnt take my bike back there.

Comment

i really wish you wouldnt have bought a rebuilt bike for what you spent when there are plenty of bikes out there with a clean history for the same amount. you wanted a bike now, and rushed the process.

but, @#!*% happens....so lets just try to get you fixed up.

personally, i wouldnt do any more business with them, let alone spend another 500 on a motor with an unknown history. if theyre so incompetent that they cant track down a leak, or lacking the integrity to properly fix a problem, then i definitely wouldnt take my bike back there.
                          You are right. I get money in hand and am quick to spend it. I have a few issues. the most important is that coming up with $500 is going to be very tough, if not impossible for me. Secondly you are right about the shop integrity, but it might be the cheapest way it is going to get fixed. Third, I just put a new stator and rectifier in my motor and that cost around $230.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

well, post some pics when you can, and we'll go from there...

if it's a small enough crack, then draining the oil, cleaning up the surface really good, and re-applying a sealant might just be the ticket until you decide to do something else down the road.

Comment

well, post some pics when you can, and we'll go from there...

if it's a small enough crack, then draining the oil, cleaning up the surface really good, and re-applying a sealant might just be the ticket until you decide to do something else down the road.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

is that it? or is it under the yellow shit?

Comment

Working...
                                X