No announcement yet.

Superbikes of Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, i believe stunterbob had this same problem when his gsxr 600 spit a chain (might have been the water pump). maybe send him a pm as well

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      is that it? or is it under the yellow @#!*% ?

Big blob of yellow jb weld is covering either a crack or hole.
      2012 GT500

Comment

ya, youre going to need to drain the oil and scrape that shit off first so we can see what's under there..

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          ya, youre going to need to drain the oil and scrape that @#!*% off first so we can see what's under there..
          Yep. I tried to RTV the crap out of it too, but I just got back from a ride and it is slowly dripping.
          2012 GT500

Comment

There is a machine shop on 121 and Minnis that fixed a couple of intakes and a case on my gsxr. Great work but can't remember the name.
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Comment

Might try Brooks(turbostang) and see if he can weld it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                  Might try Brooks(turbostang) and see if he can weld it up?
                  that's definitely an option. I need to scrape the jb off so I can see if it is a crack or a hole.
                  2012 GT500

Comment

i pulled the motor and split the cases and replaced half the transmission on my 05 750 having never done it before in a day. bikes are fucking easy, just gotta have the right tools cause they use some weird castle nuts on the bolts that hold the engine to the frame.

i'd knock that yellow shit off (that is not jb weld btw) and see what's behind it.

if it isn't a hole then i'd clean it REALLY good, scuff it up really well, then try some of this
                    http://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-steelstik/ the trick is pressing it super fucking hard into the crack as it sets.

Comment

This guy is bad ass at welding aluminum cases.. he has fixed several for us. Tell him Jason from Quadforce reffered you.
                      Al Lewis
                      LMS Racing
                      (817)454-4187
                      sigpic

Comment

$500 for a longblock and install is dirt fucking cheap. however, the 08 has many differences in electronics from your 06-07 generation. i'm not here to educate the world, but i doubt it's a can of worms a bike seller wants to open.
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          $500 for a longblock and install is dirt fucking cheap. however, the 08 has many differences in electronics from your 06-07 generation. i'm not here to educate the world, but i doubt it's a can of worms a bike seller wants to open.
                          06 motor, 06 bike

wharz 08?
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Like a dumbass, i read over your post too quickly. Saw the 8k and thought 08, my bad. Nows the time to get the engine and get the compression up and move the cams a bit.
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Update:

I work on getting that Jb weld off and ran the bike to see if I could pinpoint the leak. It is coming from the spot marked with rtv. I'll have to experiment further to make sure nowhere else is having problems.

2012 GT500

Comment

Is that a weld spot below the sprocket?

Comment

Working...
                                X