If u had 3500...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If u had 3500...

Basically looking to spend less then 3500 on some sort of nice bike. Age doesn't matter as long as it's reliable and fun. Not looking for baby bikes. I'm not a new rider...
    I was thinking things like a zrx1100-1200, concours, big twin Japan cruiser. What would u get?

bandit 1200 <--- reliable as they come, cb919, z1k

Comment

Vstar 1100 or bigger or a honda vtx 1800

Comment

I'd love to find another Nomad or similar... but I dig ST or naked/standard bikes (fz6, gen 1 fz1, zrx, bandit). Quite surprised at my options... Looking to use as a daily/weekend tripper. Take the slack off my 454ci suburban k2500.

No donor bikes. Prefer cruiser baggers, ST, naked/standard bikes. In that order..
        Last edited by Tannerm; 06-02-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I'd probably go 919.

Comment

3500 will get into an early fuel injected bike...Blackbird, Busa, ZX12, VFR800...hell there's a lot of them out there if you really search..(not really anti-carburetor.....just tired of working on them). You said you're experienced so I doubt you want a 600 sportbike...but the market is flooded with them..and GSXR750's. There's also gonna be a lot of junk, rebuilt, rattle can painted bikes around that price so be VERY cautious...it can get you killed. Honda Hornet (919) is a fantastic bike if you add a small windscreen. ZZR1200 and the newer 1400 Concourse is a fantastic long distance sport touring bike but I think the 1400 is out of your price range. ST1100 was a great bike for its day..but there were reports of a strange real wheel wobble under the right conditions...and the ST1300 had MUCH worse reports of the same issue...including several deaths related to loss of control even by VERY experienced riders...I'd stay away from the ST...Yamaha FJR is a fantastic bike too.

Comment

I'll look into the 919. I don't want carbs either... but I'm open if it's sweet. I also don't want sport bikes. I've had em and hate em. I'm getting old at 30!

Comment

My dad is selling this. He bought it last year and went through everything. It's a steal at this price.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Vstars are nice bikes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                        Basically looking to spend less then 3500 on some sort of nice bike. Age doesn't matter as long as it's reliable and fun. Not looking for baby bikes. I'm not a new rider...
                        I was thinking things like a zrx1100-1200, concours, big twin Japan cruiser. What would u get?
                        I've got a '98 Blackbird for a little less than your looking to spend, it's been sitting up for over a year so unfortunately it'll probably need the carbs serviced, other than that it's in extremely good condition for the age. Tires, chain, sprockets, brake pads were changed right before it was parked. It's got Heli bar risers and a throttle meister cruise control, aftermarket windscreen, helmet and jacket go with it and of course clear title in my name. Bought it on a whim and lost interest, Texas summers just aren't that fun to ride in. Looking for $3,000 or reasonable offer.

Comment

VTX 1300 should be in that price range for a cruiser, I always like the ZRX1100's for a standard bike.

Comment

i think the zrx is ugly as hell imo, and the rear suspension is shitty and dated.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              I wish I could find a deal on a ruckus, they look like a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X