Got a new ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new ride

I got tired of paying the high ass insurance on the ZX10r, so I got rid of her. Went with something a little different....

<<drumroll>>

The 2016 Suzuki DRZ400sm!! So far it's been a blast to ride, definitely a different experience though.

I got her up to 90mph yesterday, I feel like I can get it to 100, but that'll be intense on that bike.

Also, I'm used to having 4.5 gallons of gas onboard, not just 2.6 gallons. So, I may have ran out of gas on the way to work this morning! lol, no big deal. Also, discovered the petcock (sp?) for the reserve tank. After I got to work on fumes, with it dying 4 times. Live and learn.

So once I get the newness scrubbed off the fresh tires, I'm going to start figuring out how to wheelie that thing.

Pics incoming.
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out those rims though!!

Comment

Nice bike. I like the new color scheme.
        My only dislike with the drz is its the same old carb'd power plant and id like to see a bigger cc fuel injected revision. Tried and true setup though, it should last you.

Comment

Originally posted by spd2stang View Post
          Nice bike. I like the new color scheme.
          My only dislike with the drz is its the same old carb'd power plant and id like to see a bigger cc fuel injected revision. Tried and true setup though, it should last you.
          I'd like to see that too!

Comment

There's a 0.0% chance I could ride that and not act like a hooligan everywhere I went. I'd be sitting in traffic and see a sidewalk with a staircase that is empty and in the direction I want to go... and just say fuck it and take that path.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              There's a 0.0% chance I could ride that and not act like a hooligan everywhere I went. I'd be sitting in traffic and see a sidewalk with a staircase that is empty and in the direction I want to go... and just say fuck it and take that path.
              i've had it about 24 hours and I've already climbed some stairs.

Comment

I miss mine, the looks you get is unreal lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                  I miss mine, the looks you get is unreal lol.
                  yea, it's been a blast so far. It'll get better once i get the wheelies sorted out.

Then....maybe....MAYBE.....stoppies.

Comment

Mine was an 04 so I am. Not suure the differences but I added an upgraded intake cam, larger carb and swis cheesed the air box. Made a ton of difference for under 500 bucks with power. LOL! You are braver than I sir.

Comment

in the last half hour, i've manage some clutch ups.

Started off getting a few inches off the ground. The last couple I got up to knee high, then WAIST high!!!!!!

Lol, that shit is fun

Comment

You should really be careful posting while riding.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          You should really be careful posting while riding.
                          its a skill. be jelly.

Comment

The bike will definitely make you feel like a kid again. First week I had mine, the kid in me took over and I rolled in the garage a little too hot, wind had blown in a bunch of leaves and I hit those while braking on the smooth garage floor. The bike ended up under a car on jack stands.

Comment

Nice dude. And you still have the Harley for cruising? I want a sumo soon, but I need some thing more than the 400. I've been jonesing for a 690 smc for a long time. Can't beat the low maintenance of the drz though

Comment

Working...
                              X