Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaping the solitary indoors.....

For the solitary outdoors.

Got out of the house and found a quiet spot in the mountains to just hang out and get some fresh air. My son wore his butt out climbing rocks so I think we'll have a peaceful evening.

What do you want, a cookie?

Beautiful scenery out there in the mountains! Nice looking family!

Comment

Man that looks awesome! Don't think my summer trip to Colorado/New Mexico is going to happen this year

Comment

damn that looks peaceful

Comment

Yep looks just like svo’s backyard

Comment

Nice man, the family and I enjoyed a little beach time at Texoma this weekend... It was beautiful and easy to stay away from people but that's always been my ideal weekend.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Gorgeous. We love Colorado. We camp every year around Salida or Buena Vista.

For anyone who wants this type of scenery without the 12-14 hour drive, go to Beavers Bend in OK. Great place.

Comment

Yeah, I'm tired of this bullshit. I'm so used to traveling that I'm kinda losing my mind. I mean, it's nice to be home but I miss flying and being in different places every week. I've had to cancel trips to DC, LA, SF, San Diego, Denver, Portland, Finland, Singapore, etc.

Right now I'm on the fence about our annual summer trip to Cabo. Flights are half price (usually $665 and down to $367 now), and we're not planning to go until mid July, soooooo.... thinking I may book and see what happens.

As for Colorado, my wife wants to do the Manitou Springs Incline, and there's a fire lookout hike I love doing. Hoping shit will calm down and we can make it happen this summer/fall.

Since you're a local up there, you should look up the Devil's Head Fire Lookout and do a sunrise hike. It's 1.5 hrs from Denver, then there's the hike time in the dark to make sure you're at the top for sunrise - so if you're in Denver your morning will start around 2am... but damn it's worth it.

Last edited by Strychnine; 04-27-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

This is what we’re now doing every weekend. The day after these pictures, we went to another area that didn’t have a soul around us. We just plop down the folding chairs and let our son run around. His autistic behaviors are always more moderate after a couple hours. He’s loving it big time.

I think I might take up fly fishing this summer.

As I’ve said in another thread, we were looking to buy an acre or two out towards Breckenridge. Fortunately we were able to back out when this COVID crap hit but I’m still planning to buy some land once the dust settles. I can see myself living around this all the time.

Comment

This was our last outing to Lava Hot Springs, ID...

Scheduled to go to Bear Lake soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post

Do you know if the monster is still there?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        This was our last outing to Lava Hot Springs, ID...

Idaho's one of the most diverse states i've been in, wilderness wise. So much to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Yeah, I'm tired of this bullshit. I'm so used to traveling that I'm kinda losing my mind. I mean, it's nice to be home but I miss flying and being in different places every week. I've had to cancel trips to DC, LA, SF, San Diego, Denver, Portland, Finland, Singapore, etc.

Right now I'm on the fence about our annual summer trip to Cabo. Flights are half price (usually $665 and down to $367 now), and we're not planning to go until mid July, soooooo.... thinking I may book and see what happens.
                          I've been sitting on a bunch of miles for a while now, just checked AA's site and shits cheap! we can take a couple of trips r/t upgraded the whole way for less than 200k total right now. I may just have to roll the dice like you and see how it works out.

Comment

We're supposed to drive up to Rhode Island and Boston in July. Haven't cancelled our hotel accommodations yet. I wonder if they will. We've had our reservations since last year.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                              Do you know if the monster is still there?

Still out there...

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              Idaho's one of the most diverse states i've been in, wilderness wise. So much to see.
                              Utah, a.k.a. Utard as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X