Travel Trailer people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    I wonder if insurance cover things like this, or if you have to buy their supplemental insurance.
    I think I got their insurance and it wasn't that much.

You also have to factor in the cost of the RV hookup by all the other trailer trash. And you're not going to be dealing with the crowd you like all the time.

Unless you have your own place to park it and use it all the damn time...its just not a good investment. Worse than a boat probably.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Travel trailers are cheaper to rent. RV’s are in the ~$250 a night range.
      By RV I think you're referring to a motorhome right? If so you also have to pay mileage beyond the initial allotment. But he's specifically asking about trailers so I left motorhomes out of it.

Comment

I have a 32' bumper pull that I pull with a 1/2 ton. I do have the weight distributing hitch with dual sway controls and haven't had an issue other than shitty gas mileage. If I would have been able to justify a 2500 for anything other than the travel trailer I would have went with that and a 5th wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          By RV I think you're referring to a motorhome right? If so you also have to pay mileage beyond the initial allotment. But he's specifically asking about trailers so I left motorhomes out of it.
          Around these parts they are used interchangeably. I consider a trailer/5th wheel trailers and RV’s as motorhomes. Last time we rented a RV/motorhome we got 250 miles prior to being charged. It was in peak season and cost us around $300 a night not including gas.

Comment

Around these parts they are used interchangeably. I consider a trailer/5th wheel trailers and RV’s as motorhomes. Last time we rented a RV/motorhome we got 250 miles prior to being charged. It was in peak season and cost us around $300 a night not including gas.
            My point is that anything that moves under its own power is way more expensive than any trailer...especially if you go far.

Comment

My point is that anything that moves under its own power is way more expensive than any trailer...
              Would you look at that. Mine too!

Comment

Travel trailers are cheaper to rent. RV’s are in the ~$250 a night range.
                Would you look at that. Mine too!
                Huh...travel trailers are cheaper than RVs but they're also the same thing as RVs and motor homes...?

Comment

Speaking of trailers, if anyone has a 4x7-5x8 trailer with a ramp gate they wanna sell cheap let me know!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Do ya like dags?

Comment

Having lived in one for a year while commuting back and forth to Austin I can offer some insight.

If you use a 1/2 ton truck be very aware of weight. Just because a 1/2 ton will pull 13k does not mean you should. I can't count the number of times someone passed me pulling a travel trailer while I am doing 70+ only to see them wrecked a little while later due to trailer sway. You have to use anti sway control.

5th wheels will give you way more room. If you go this route have it converted to a goose neck so you do not have to have a big 5th wheel hitch taking up space when you want to use the bed.

Rv's or travel trailers are a maintenance nightmare. I spent way more on my trailer than I ever did on all the boats I have owned.

Older trailers are better built usually but that was before most came with slides.

NEVER EVER buy new. They lose money faster than anything I have ever seen.

Cold weather camping presents a another set of issues

Comment

Huh...travel trailers are cheaper than RVs but they're also the same thing as RVs and motor homes...?
                        Around these parts they are used interchangeably
                        Try and keep up.

Comment

Try and keep up.
                          You really are that dumb. I gave you an out but instead of taking it you dug in.

Something cannot be more expensive than ITSELF. So if a travel trailer is the same thing as an RV...an RV cannot be more expensive than a trailer because it is a trailer.

They are either different things with different values...or the same thing with the same value.

How have you made it to your 70s being this dense?

Comment

Something cannot be more expensive than ITSELF.
                            Would it help you to understand if "either/or" was used instead of "interchangeable?"

Comment

You can rent really nice cabins or resort rooms all over the country for less. If you want to camp, camp. If you want to stay someplace nice, then stay someplace nice.

Comment

If you want to camp buy a tent.

Comment

Working...
                                X