Legos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Ahh, I didn't know Lepin had a kit. I'll check that out.
    https://bricksafe.com/pages/NathanR/...ace/apollo-lut

Comment

I'd love to be buying the bigger, more complex sets. My wife would kill me though. She's tired of all the Lego City and Lego Friends my kids have.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
        I'd love to be buying the bigger, more complex sets. My wife would kill me though. She's tired of all the Lego City and Lego Friends my kids have.
        I have Lego sets. My kids have Lego sets. They don't touch my Lego sets.

I bought all but one of my sets (Eiffel Tower is 13 years old) new and most are now retired. Once they're all retired, we're talking $9k to $10k worth of Lego in the picture above. No kids allowed.
        Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 04-21-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

You guys forgot what it feels like to step on a lego at 3 am. Right in the arch of your foot
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            You guys forgot what it feels like to step on a lego at 3 am. Right in the arch of your foot
            I work from home. My go-to dad joke about a 'rough commute' involves stepping on a LEGO on the way to the office.

It's even worse on wood floors.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              Be careful out there: https://www.welightbrick.com/product...mbilical-tower

read the comments.

I found a page with the story from the LEGO designer that built this kit. He said LEGO designed the tower and then decided not to build it (too many parts, only people interested would be a small portion of those that bought the Saturn V) and LEGO decided not to produce. Instructions were made available with a parts list and then knock-off companies stole the design and started producing junk versions and not filling orders. So Lego took down all copies of the instructions, lists, etc.

Thanks for the info.. I'll dive deeper after i get the Falcon built..

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                This is a really cool display for the Saturn V:

I have seen the whole gantry setup too.
                That is bad ass!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Now I’m looking into how I’m going to mount this monster onto the wall (the Millennium Falcon).

There are Lego Technics based mounts, some clear acrylic mounts. One guy used a TV wall mount (looking more into that one). I just don’t want to put it on a shelf unless it’s angled so I can show it off.

I’m also saw that they make lighting kits for it. Definitely looking into doing that at some point.

This f’ing stay at home thing is going to make me go broke with Legos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    Now I’m looking into how I’m going to mount this monster onto the wall (the Millennium Falcon).

There are Lego Technics based mounts, some clear acrylic mounts. One guy used a TV wall mount (looking more into that one). I just don’t want to put it on a shelf unless it’s angled so I can show it off.

I’m also saw that they make lighting kits for it. Definitely looking into doing that at some point.

This f’ing stay at home thing is going to make me go broke with Legos.
                    I got the biggest tax return of my life and I'm over here shopping for the Statue of Liberty set on eBay (the original 3450). Holy. Crap.

Comment

For those looking to buy, check out BrickLink. I've gotten stuff there with good results, and it does a great job of defining the market for specific sets and parts.

Bricklink? is the world's largest online marketplace to buy and sell LEGO? parts, Minifigures and sets, both new or used. Search the complete LEGO catalog & create your own BrickLink store.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        For those looking to buy, check out BrickLink. I've gotten stuff there with good results, and it does a great job of defining the market for specific sets and parts.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page
                        I tried to buy the limited edition Marina Bay Sands set on there and didn't have any luck getting sellers to reply. I hadn't checked for the Statue of Liberty set on there in a while. There are a bunch listed for sale.

Comment

Still a work in progress but the Falcon is nearly done.

Comment

Good man! It looks majestic. I'd love to have one.

Comment

For you fellow LEGO nerds: if you're into any of the iconic buildings, the Empire State Building (21046) is a really neat build.

Not only is the finished model a really nice looking piece, the build is very interesting. Lots of advanced techniques used for the 'guts' of the model.

It's probably my most favorite of the Lego Architecture model builds so far.

Comment

My 3 YO was right there with me for most of this one. He likes to dig through the pile and build his own stuff while I'm working on the model. He got my architect's brain - look at the piece sitting on the table to his right. It's made of around 20 small parts and is radially symmetrical. He always does that with whatever he's playing with, whether it's Lego or whatever blocks he chose. My other kids build animals, he builds geometric shapes that look well thought out and he just dreams it up as he goes. Not bad for three years old.
                                Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 08-16-2020, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X