No announcement yet.

Got some new wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently upgraded from a 27.5 to a 29 and couldn't be happier. I dont race or time myself...but i didn't feel slower or like I needed more power at all. Slight drop in agility but that's more than made up for with the other benefits over bumps and obstacles.

It's a Talon 3 29er for only $540. For the price...its a pretty solid bike. I never knew hydraulic brakes would make that much of a difference.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's cool to see how many of us getting older folks are riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        I used to ride in my early 20s...then stopped for awhile. I recently started back up because I needed a way to do 5-6 days of cardio a week without getting an injury. So its running, biking and boxing depending on what hurts that week.

This is mostly because I've been using an at home gym for the past 1.5 years and have added cardio equipment.

Edit: a few of the guys here have actually been riding a long time. But maybe they've also been old a long time

Comment

Who tha fuck you calling old?

Comment

I used to ride a lot when I lived in Houston, then I moved here and the hills here kick your ass. I ride a few rails to trails type paths with my kids, but I haven't tackled anything too technical yet.

Comment

It's good for the prostate

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                I used to ride a lot when I lived in Houston, then I moved here and the hills here kick your ass. I ride a few rails to trails type paths with my kids, but I haven't tackled anything too technical yet.
                Yeah, it's anything but flat here, so you do get a legit workout compared to back in Dallas County.

Comment

Any of you have recommendations on fenders for a 29er? I'd reference amazon reviews, but we all know there are "review farms" where ppl spam fake reviews to drive sales, so that's a no go.

Comment

Any of you have recommendations on fenders for a 29er? I'd reference amazon reviews, but we all know there are "review farms" where ppl spam fake reviews to drive sales, so that's a no go.
                    I Was looking at fenders and just decided to get better glasses. But I was just trying to protect my eyes from crap. If you wanna stay clean that's different.

I normally look at reputable sites to see what is rated well and go that route. When it comes to fenders you're going to need a lot of wheel coverage if you really want to ride in anything wet and stay clean. That coverage needs to turn with the tire too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I Was looking at fenders and just decided to get better glasses. But I was just trying to protect my eyes from crap. If you wanna stay clean that's different.

I normally look at reputable sites to see what is rated well and go that route. When it comes to fenders you're going to need a lot of wheel coverage if you really want to ride in anything wet and stay clean. That coverage needs to turn with the tire too.
                      Bein up here in the PNW, we do get rain pretty frequently, but I'm adamant about riding daily if at all possible. I'll take your advice and look at bike shop sites for reviews, ty sir!

Comment

I haven't ridden a bike since I got my drivers license, and that was a while ago!

Comment

It has been a while since I have looked at the Sirrus line of bikes. I may have found my match. The Expert pro Carbon something or other. May drop two and pick up one. Suspension in the stem, light weight, smoooshy tires, and dreamy carbon with a MTB riding position. I will be keeping my J bars and slapping them on there if I decide to pull the trigger. I am pissed Wahoo bought Speedplay and my precious Frogs are gone. Bastards are bringing stupid money on Ebay though.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            I haven't ridden a bike since I got my drivers license, and that was a while ago!
                            It's as fun as you remember from childhood, but what I've found is that I must not have experienced muscle fatigue as a kid like I do now as an old man.

Comment

Been riding for years both MTB and road biking. A midlevel bike can provide just as much fun as an expensive bike. My Trek MTB is 10 years old, I've ridden it hard and I still run the trails on it.

Best thing I found is getting a proper fit seat. They are closed now but I went to Plano Cycling to have my seat points measured and got the perfect seat for my size butt. Makes a big difference.
                              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                                Been riding for years both MTB and road biking. A midlevel bike can provide just as much fun as an expensive bike. My Trek MTB is 10 years old, I've ridden it hard and I still run the trails on it.

Best thing I found is getting a proper fit seat. They are closed now but I went to Plano Cycling to have my seat points measured and got the perfect seat for my size butt. Makes a big difference.
                                I second the sit bones measurement and proper seat fit.
                                Sign up for the Art's Cyclery mailing list to get the latest sale information, special deals, and "How To" videos and articles that our customers love! It's ...

Comment

Working...
                                X