No announcement yet.

Best ROI fixes/updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscaping is another low cost item that can really help curb appeal or hurt it if your shits overgrown.

Theres nothing worse than flower beds overgrown with bermuda and dead plants or no plants.

Comment

Yes, curb appeal is very important. There is a home like mine that was FS a few houses down, they wanted $10k more than mine, same year built and sqft, but it was empty and if the grass was mowed they never cleaned out the bushes/flower beds, it looked like stalks of corn were growing, my house sold, theirs is still on the market. I used to have the mowers come every other week, since I don't water much, but this year while I had it on the market, I made sure that the lawn was mowed once a week and I watered the front lawn a little more and made sure the flower beds were free of weeds and ant piles...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

We've been working on the yard and beds since we moved in, one of my wife's hobbies is gardening, so we are good there.

I appreciate sharing your recent selling experiences Ruff, saves me some work. The new job would be back in Sacramento, so if the package is enticing enough, we'll rent for a couple years to save a bigger downpayment, allow the market to come back down, and take our time finding something to keep until both kids are grown and gone.

If Sacramento doesn't pan out I never felt like this was our last stop, and I've got other irons in the fire, so it's still good info for when we do sell in the longer short-term.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man back to CA. I didnt realize you were making that big of a move...figured it was just an upgrade to the existing situation.

Good luck with the new role!

Comment

Damn Aaron, I thought you were back for good, though you gots to follow the $$$ while you can. Good luck on the move and J-O-B, playa.
            The wife and I were counting, we have moved 10 times but this will be the last move, hopefully. No more kids and not even a pet, we never really unpacked here so a lot of stuff is in the floored attic, though going from a 3500sqft house to a 2300sqft house gave us no choice. I'm moving back to near Allen (Parker) where I lived from '94 -'13, Melissa was nice but it was a suburban mirage and now the secret is out and that Buccee's and BradM didn't help.

I won't be moving again, until our Ancient Alien Ancestors from Sirius B come back to scoop us up...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
            X