Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
    Looks good both ways to me
    If it wasnt for the burb rash and the one bent wheel I wouldnt have changed them but since they had to be refinished I figured why not?
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Not much has gone on with it. Did a stereo. Drove it at Texas Motor Speedway. Did some car cruises (shocking a GT500 owner that he couldnt pull away from me in the corners) and just been enjoying the cheap machine.

And a little stroking of the worlds only Stereo Integrity SQL 12" sub. Distortion is the phone mic, sub stays super clean at 1100 watts!

But its an SQ system so its better with normal music:

Last edited by LaserSVT; 10-28-2019, 11:07 PM.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

There's one of these sitting in someone's driveway that hasn't moved in at least a year just up the street from me. It's the one with the bigger wheels and the Brembo brakes, because of your post on the old board and now this board I've been tempted to make them an offer on it.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Thats an R1 or an XJR100. 1" bigger wheels and Brembos. I was gonna do the Brembos on mine but everyone with them said its not worth the cost and only on a track would you notice them. I like having $24 pads and $40 rotors. lol

Comment

Did miss the Dyno numbers?
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Did miss the Dyno numbers?
              I was wondering the same, what'd it put down?

Comment

That day it did 337 rwhp and 329 rwtq. Its slow. After letting the fuel tables adapt and going on a 60* day instead of a 103* day it made 366 rwhp and 358 tq. Its just a cruiser. Big ol comfy cruiser with a small 4.0 V8

Comment

Not bad numbers for a luxo barge, I'd pimp it...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Stereo Integrity! Thank you for mentioning them, I couldn't remember the name. Been trying to think of it. I'm gonna buy 2 of their slim ones if they ever start up the line again.

This:

WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Stereo Integrity! Thank you for mentioning them, I couldn't remember the name. Been trying to think of it. I'm gonna buy 2 of their slim ones if they ever start up the line again.

This:

https://stereointegrity.com/product/...-12-subwoofer/
                      He just got a bunch of baskets in. I dont know if you can handle 6.75" depth but his new SQL is amazing. The BM MKVs should be ready soon. Ill call Nick and ask and let ya know.

Comment

So with the new power and traction I discovered 18 year old hydraulic mounts dont hold up. Cant believe I didnt hurt anything. The driver side one was all the way out and laying on the steering joint. $118 and 90 minutes and shes good as new.
                        I see why its getting more wheel hop now, rear shocks are done for so that will hurt a bit. Shocks and perch bushings are $600 a pair for the damn electronic Bilstiens!

Comment

As a sidebar, what was your experience with owning that AMG you had a while back? I want an S63, but it would have to be a 4 or 5 year old one. What do the touted expensive repairs really look like, and are they serviceable by a backyard mechanic who's not afraid to bloody a knuckle?

Comment

AMGs will drop in value unlike any car I have ever seen. Exception is the AMG GT and the SLR which isnt really an AMG. Costs are painful. $3000 for AC compressor, $5000 when the suspension fails (and it will.... a lot), $1000 power steering pump, brakes are just stupid. That being said, when they work they are sublime. Honestly you would have much more fun in a 2013+ Audi S8. Cheaper to maintain, more reliable and with a tune and downpipe you have 620 AWHP and over 700tq and the trans can handle it just fine. Fast shifting 8 speed and you have a car that hits 60 in 3 seconds and will do a high 10 in the quarter. Much more refined than the Benz. Handles better, rides better and holds together better. Plus the seat massagers actually work.
                            My next car will be a 2016+ Audi S8+ with the carbon ceramic package and black optics package.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

This:

https://stereointegrity.com/product/...-12-subwoofer/
                              I was mistaken. He will not be making any more BM MKV subs. They sit on the shelf too long so he gave up. Small speaker manufacturer. Hunt DIYMA classified section. Thats how I got mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                                As a sidebar, what was your experience with owning that AMG you had a while back? I want an S63, but it would have to be a 4 or 5 year old one. What do the touted expensive repairs really look like, and are they serviceable by a backyard mechanic who's not afraid to bloody a knuckle?
                                Don't be a pussy, get an Alpina B7.

Comment

Working...
                                X